Bank of America Financial Advisor - PMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Financial Advisor - PMD Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a different position. Received two calls from a recruitre offering an interview for another position. Set interview to speak with branch manager and two FA's from a team looking to expand. Met with branch manager to determine which position to interview for, then met with the team members to interview for a specific question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Responded quickly after I sent in application. First a phone interview then brought in for an in person interview the next week. Had to take an online test and personality test first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview involved a phone call then an intensive super day that I was flown out to. The phone interview was casual and focused on behavioral questions. The in person interview focused on both a slight background in financial/economical knowledge alongside more behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most influential aspect of your high schools affect on your current academic success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

meet with assistant sales manager.
    take written tests to see if you have a sales apptitude.
    prepare a business plan draft for how i would develop my own client base.
    meet sales manager.
    meet branch manager
    get offer

Interview Questions

• what are some of your weaknesses as a salesperson? what could cause you to fail as a financial advisor at Merrill Lynch?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a lowball amount. I countered with market value for my MBA and earnings history and current salary with current employer. they gave me a best and final offer which was double the lowball amount.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was given the contact info for a hiring manager and after reaching out to him directly, I scheduled an interview. Had to take an aptitude test at the office and after that was offered the job 3 days later when the results came back favorable.

Interview Questions

• "Why you?" What do you do differently that sets you apart from the rest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate, offer was more than I was expected.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Leawood, KS).

Interview

Initial phone interview, then meet with Branch Manager, then a follow up interview with 3-4 interviewers, then another meeting with Branch Manager. Interviews are pretty straight forward asking about past experiences and interest in current position. Focus is on if you can you bring in assets from high net worth individuals to the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to meet the goals of bringing in $1 million per month in investor assets? $30 million in 3 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The higher the salary, the higher the goals that must be achieved to bring in new assets. I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

-I had 2 interviews. One with the PMD Sales Manager and one with an Assistant Director. They basically poke and prod you to figure out what dollar sign they can assign to you given your network (family, friends, country club affiliations, who Mommy and Daddy are). If they think you can bring any assets to the company then they hire you. You also have to be able to shine a mirror. Make sure you look like a well dressed car salesman because they love that.

Interview Questions

• Essentially asking me who I know that would trust me with a lot of money   1 Answer

Negotiation

$? -> ok

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

It was an easy up front interview followed by a phone interview then a second interview with a branch manager. He outlined the program and went over what was good possible wages and that type of stuff

Financial Advisor - PMD Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview

Process was easy. You have some sort of economics aptitude test, then the Resident Director reviews it with you the next day. They want to make sure you know what you are getting into and have the aptitude to REALLY run your own business - ie what is your marketing strategy, business plan, prospecting ideas, etc. You may also have an interview with the PMD coordinator in your market and one of the senior managers for the complex.

Interview Questions

• Really comes down to having a solid idea of what you will do to build and grow a book of business. There is no real "right" answer. They have heard and seen it all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Somewhat, I took higher base to support my family as I made this career change.