Bank of America Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

How do I work in a fast pace environment and doing multiple task. Can I work on weekends? Did I needed a sponsorship to work in the US? Can I work overtime?

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked great questions that pertained to the role I applied for with the bank. She was ipbeat and really pulled me into the interview. I was excited to join her team.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a difficult customer you worked with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with an recruiter who set me up with their client. They called to give me the interview date. I Spoke with Ms. Santo, and another employee.

Interview Questions

• To go over my experience as an admin.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The online application was long, lots of questions and screens to go through. An HR representative is the middle-man between you and the hiring manager. Easy interview and quick turn-around for offer/response. Started shortly after accepting position and no issue with 2 weeks notice for previous job. They are very thorough with the background screening process because it's the banking industry. Provide honest responses and you'll be fine. Fair benefits offered within 30 days. Great place for expecting mothers and fathers for maternity/paternity leave.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Had great interviews with some great people. Met with other Admins, Executive and one of his Directs. Spent about 2-hours at location and decent time with each person who went over the whole job and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Experience present and past   1 Answer

Negotiation

Worked as contract so salary was already set. No negotiations.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Standard phone and in person process with basic questions. I would suggest you learn how to negotiate as they tend to offer a very low salary at first. That's pretty much it.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview

I was nervous and thought I did okay. However, the staffing agency said she was impressed. She asked me fairly average questions such as "How would I show that I am friendly? How will I let others know that I am a friendly person? How do I keep organized and prioritize tasks? What is another way you keep organized other than the answer already mentioned? Do you like to keep busy and have lots of things thrown at you or do you like it fairly slow? Do you prefer supervision or minimum supervision? Asked what kind of skills I had in terms of Microsoft products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The staffing agency informed me of the pay rate before feeding me details about the job description.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online. Recruiter called within days and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was brought in for a face to face about a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and fast paced. I interviewed separately with three different Managing Directors, and was given an offer after 3 days. I clearly knew what would be expected of me by the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• What do you perceive to be your weakness dealing with a large team of different personalities.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Windsor, CT).

Interview

I did a phone interview, then was called in to meet with the hiring manager. She asked me about my skills and got to know me a little over an hour. I was then introduced to her business support manager and interviewed around my resume by her. I was called the next week and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything difficult as I was more or less speaking to my own resume and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me what I was looking for in terms of pay, so I didn't negotiate.