Bank of America Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.8

Consumer Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interviewed by Sallie Mae 3/31/17 by two HR coordinators. Advised application process ends 4/3/17, and training begins 4/24/17. Advised of salary and benefits. Advised of opportunity for advancement.
    Agreed to start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you minimize risk in the student loan process?   1 Answer

Consumer Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

the first round was a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter that covered mostly behavioral questions. the second round the next week was also over the phone but with consumer bankers. good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you changed someone's thought or action   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter, a branch manager, and her manager. The interview was very laid back and easygoing. However, once I received my offer, recruiting really dropped the ball. I was supposed to receive emails in 2 days, didn't get them for over a week, tried contacting the recruiter only to leave unreturned voicemails. They did my credit check, but didn't call me to review it for 9 days. It really held up the hiring process.

Global Banking & Markets: Wholesale Credit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round was on campus. I did really well and got invited to the super day in Chicago. I worked really hard to prepare for the super day. There were 2 half hour interviews at the Super Day. In the first one, they grilled me on why I was interested in the position (asking it about 3 times in different ways). They seemed confused as to why an engineer would want this job. I thanked my interviewers and NONE of them responded. I asked the coordinator where to submit my receipts and she never responded... Never heard back about an offer. Pretty disappointing after investing so much time.

Interview Questions

• Free cash flow, how to figure out why profits have dropped, lots of brainteasers, why this position, how to protect against the increasing price of steel   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then in person interview in financial center. Interview included a tour of the financial center and description of all of the inner workings of the day to day operations. Interviewer also described how each role intertwined with one another.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current job that you think will translate well to Bank of America?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. Sat down with the other candidates and had questions centered around ourselves, our sales experience, and how we deal with upset clients in our prior jobs.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with unsatisfied clients in your previous job(s)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The manager mostly asked me questions regarding behavior, cash handling experience, academic history, and purpose -- why Bank of America and not Wells Fargo.
    Additionally, the hiring manager wanted to know if I knew who the CEO of the bank was and what the vision of the bank was. Additionally, she wanted to know if I knew the bank values.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any cash handling experience? If so, where did you gain your experience?   1 Answer
    • Please tell me about your academic history. What are you trying to become?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond to a client that may get angry over a new bank policy that requires extra verification?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Bank of America?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied and was called the same day. Had an interview and got offered the day after. The interview itself was ritual questions that applied to every vank. Very short interview but very good.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was through campus recruiting so took around 2 weeks - first round was phone interview, second round was Super Day that consisted of 5 in-person interviews.

As an undergraduate interviewing, questions were mostly geared towards behavioral questions. Also, since I don't come from a financial background, they didn't ask me too many technical questions so as long as you know the basic accounting / DCF then you are fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

This was an internal transfer, I spoke with a recruiter first over the phone. Then interviewed in person with a team manager. This was more of a role play to see if you understand the types of questions to ask the customer. Then a final phone interview with the site leader.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario of a fictitious business and gave me 5 minutes to come up with questions to ask the business owner. They want to see if you ask the types of questions that would lead to sales opportunities.   1 Answer