Bank of America Commercial Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Laid back, simple interview on college campus. Straight forward. Interviewer was very nice and interested. Seemed to go very well, was shocked that I wasn't given an offer. Seemed like the interview wasn't taken into consideration.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On campus recruiting which led to an in person interview. Second was in local office and various fit questions were asked. Grades were a little shaky so was asked to explain that.

Communications Manager II - Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter set up phone screen with me. During call, line disconnected. I called her back - she emailed and said she'd set up time to continue conversation. I gave her my availability and called twice but she never got back to me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter did not establish which position she was contacting me about.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, was invited for an on campus interview about two weeks later. Was 1:1 and the second I sat down I got the feeling the interviewer did not care about the interview. Barely asked me any questions, just kept asking what I wanted to know then would rudely say, "anything else" after he answered. Overall very disappointing. Took about a week and a half to get a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

1 45 minutes on campus interview, flowing conversation no set questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Alumni came on campus in the fall to conduct first round interviews. A handful of us were selected and completed a super-day in one of a host of cities across the US. I met with six individuals on a one-on-one basis throughout the day. Offers were extended within 3 days following the super-day.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very straightforward. No mind teasers or hostile interviewers. Just sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on anything (salalry, relocation, bonus). Take it or leave it.

Commercial Banking Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was fairly traditional, the interviewer asked questions such as "why did you choose finance as a major?", "where can you see yourself in 10 years?", "why do you want to work for B of A?". Half of the interview was chatting about the interviewer's experience as a commercial banker.

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview

Interview itself went smoothly. The follow-up/response process was highly unprofessional. All candidates were told on Monday at the interview that the next round would commence Friday of that week, none of us heard back from BofA for at least 3 weeks. Correspondences such as thank you's through email and requests for updates were not responded to. Rather, all candidates received the same generic response 3 weeks after the interview. I understand BofA is a large company and my experience only represents one university's career center, however, considering the timetable provided to myself and my peers, the lack of timely communication was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest flaw?   1 Answer

Global Commercial Banking Interview

Application

Interview

The lady that conducted the interview appeared to be pretty inept. She has worked in banking for over 10 years but I had to explain to her what the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation was because she was unaware what it meant. She continued to try to compare the CFA to the CPA (how hard are the test compared to the CPA? What do you do with it? We were time limited and we had to end before I really got to ask anything about the position.