Bank of America Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate, Global Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (Piscataway, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

it was an on campus interview. The interviewer was very kind. they gave us a brief introduction of their team at the beginning. Most are behavior questions. Also she asked 3 brain teaser questions. The interview last about 20 minutes. I have not get any feedback after that.

Associate Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Very thorough. Three rounds with 20 people overall. From VPs and upwards all the way to the Head of the Group. Very serious and professional. You need unanimous consent of all interviewers to get hired. If one says NO, you are out. Challenging, but fair

Interview Questions

• Valuation, Corporate Finance and Modeling   1 Answer

Associate, Global Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tempe, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Met with 2 supervisors. Standard questions. Name a time you dealt with s difficult customer. How did you resolve it? Was told everyone goes into a work pool. You don't know until after training where you'll end up. Shifts are seniority but mostly performance.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus interview, then placement day. Expected to do "coffee chats" in advance of on campus interviews. Networking is essential. Be prepared with "why BAML" but also know basic investment banking questions like how a change in depreciation flows through the 3 statements. IF you are interviewing for an industry group, know some deals that group has done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Contacted by phone to come in for an interview. First round consisted of 2 1:1 which were mostly just personality and fit questions. Within hour of interview contacted to come in again the next day for a 1:1 with the head of the group. Overall mostly personality and fit questions, few give me an example questions, everyone was very nice and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your current job when you identified a problem and solved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

5 interviews. Tough, grueling, but fair. Had interviews with 5 different Managing Directors and Vice Presidents. All basic and intermediate interview questions expected in Investment banking. Was given offer 2 days after leaving interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Although the company was very responsive and followed everything to the letter, they are caught up politically and only accept candidates from schools on "their list". On a different note, they take absolutely forever to reimburse you for your travels.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing a company in an industry you know nothing about?   1 Answer

Associate Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

People in the office were fair. However, they were a small office and needed experienced people in the industry. The hours aren't bad compared to other offices in BOA and in investment banking in general. Two interview rounds (first panel interview, then super day with one-on-one interviews).

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Interview

This was actually with Merril Lynch which no longer exists. They were pretty angry as soon as I couldn't answer why I wanted to work at Merril Lynch. That was a big surprise and goes to show in order to even get to more questions answer the first well. After being unable to answer the first question well the rest of the time was painful where we both knew we were wasting each others time, yet they asked for a walkthrough of the resume. Completely pointless because I could tell they already made their decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview

Met and interviewed with all the members of the team. They were quite friendly and sharp. One of the best interview experiences that I had amongst 10+ firms.

Interview Questions

• What was the most exciting M&A deal in 2011 in your field?   Answer Question