Bank of America Investment Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hopewell, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two team leaders from different departments within Merrill Edge about one week after a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. They began by introducing themselves and their work history at the company, and then went on to describe the Investment Specialist role. From there they asked simple questions about my work history and day-to-day duties. It was friendly and casual, allowing me to ask questions throughout the process and keep it conversational. They said if they had the time they would do a live customer service simulation with me, but we ran out of time. The interview focused on customer service skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone conversation with HR about interests. This was followed by an online assessment test, then formal interview offered a of couple days later. One 45 minute interview with two managers. Mock customer service phone call.

Investment Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

A phone interview, very nice people, but this training starts at the begging of May. But I won't be available until Mid May. So no more interviews follow up. It's kind of like a call centre position. Not as much pressure as Financial Advisor program.

Investment Specialist Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on Linkedin to set up an interview. I explained it wasn't what I was looking for but she convinced me it was still worth while to set up the interview to see what other opportunities are available within the company. Do not fall for this trick

Interview Questions

I was interested in another position

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

You will typically be interviewed by two managers. If you were asked to come in for an interview then you got in based on your credentials, experience, etc. The interview is to see who you are as person and how you will fit in with the teams. Be personable.

Interview Questions

• If you had to fire one of us (the interviewers) right now, who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward offer, not really room for negotiations unless maybe you were applying for a upper management position.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Waltham, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Campus interview first. Then weeks later all possible candidates travel to location and go through second round interviews. In total is was 4 separate one on one interviews. Personality, background and education based format.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2010.

Interview

Inbound call center assisting clients with placing stock trades, ETF’s, bonds and mutual funds
    Helping clients navigate through the website to place trades, print documents and transfer funds
    Assisting clients with margin calls, day trading buying power, violations and trade corrections
    Top 2

Interview Questions

• tell me about your work experience?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to convince a customer to do something they did not see the value in right away.   Answer Question