Bank of America Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Loans Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.4

Loan Processor Interview

Interview

Documents review of 80-100 loans daily for application of mortgage modifications. Submitting loan to underwriters for finial processing. Being first and only contact. Making out bound calls and collection of payments in a call center environment

MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I have being previously for the same position and would like to be contact for a second interview. I would love to work in this department since know the job functions.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work in this department.   1 Answer

Home Loans Customer Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX).

Interview

First initial process receive a call from recruiter giving you more detailed information about the position and schedule an over the phone interview. Then they schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager on-site. Should here from the recruiter a few days later if you got the positon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was fair...but I am a ppl person. 2 managers took turns asking questions about my work experiences and attitude on the job. Just show that you are a hard working team player that can multitask and catch on quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gone above and beyond on the job?   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Experience needed, focused on goals and prior training. Asked why Bank of America. Best advice: prepare interview with prior experience, knowledge about the company and reasoning for choosing the company

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lots of promises, make tons of money, you will have ton of support, real estate agents will want to business with you because of all the bank customers. Technology is great. You just originate and processors will take it from there. Take a good application and get a few up front documents.

Interview Questions

• He sold you on Bank of America. Basic questions. Hire people experience and like to hire personal bankers from the branches . Like them young, hungry, desperate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Set up via e-mail. Recruiter explained role and commission plan. Also explained duties and expectations. I explained my experience and inquired on number of branches assigned as well as how long it take to close loans.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Met with manager multiple times and was asked about past performance and experience in industry, then had to send in last my 2 yrs W-2's and sales figures to support it.

Interview Questions

• How many loans do you close a month? What's your average loan size?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Group Interview to start and then we went for individual interviews with manager. You then rotated and spoke with a different manager. That was the second in person phase. It starts with a phone interview. They tell you about the position and you go over relevant work experience from your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer just calling in for a rate. It ended up in a short role play to demonstrate how I would handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a joke and I would have expected much more from a company this size. The interview was run by me not the meek timid manager that was supposed to be interviewing me..... But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The manager told me of a base salary figure and then a recruiter called with an offer that was lower. After I told her that I needed to think about it I got a call from another manager who told me he was calling to "finish" the interview. I asked him do you realize I've already been offered the position by the HR recruiter he said yes I just wanted to ask you some other questions so he did and I proceeded to ask about the base pay again. He then told me the recruiter was wrong and that the pay was actually higher he also added that if I had further questions to call him that the recruiter didn't really have Insight into the position. I then told the recruiter I accept the position then she sends me the offer letter again with the lower amount. I asked what was going on with the offer and why I was being offered less than what the manager quoted. She said I talked to him and he states he never told you that. I was able to tell her the hourly rate to the penny he offered and she stated again that it was her offer that mattered and a manager at his level shouldn't have been quoting salary. Needless to say I told them where they could shove their offer since our relationship had begun with lies and deception. Bank of America do yourself a favor and clean house within the management team in Jacksonville FL maybe your customer reviews of how horrible your service is will improve if you get rid of the lying car salesman types you have running the place because if they are lying to new hires how do you think they are treating your customers?

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions just the guy saying I think you'll be a "great fit". They are obviously just trying to hire bodies. I asked him more questions than he asked me   Answer Question

See my information relating to the interview process but basically I was lied to by the onsite management team about the base pay and I am not interested I working for liars.... If this is how things start how will they be once hired? Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere this company touts the position as a $75k job then tells you for the first four months you'll be working for $14/HR.