Bank of America Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.6

765 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Arcadia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

At first a recruiter called to discuss about the position and salary with me. He asked when will be my availability to come in for a face-to-face interview with the branch manager. I took the opportunity and was scheduled to do it the next day. I came in 15 mins ealier to give a great impression. The interview was easy as long as you prepared for it. Also, it was very chill and I got to laugh with both of the interviewers. They asked about my schedule and If I am also willing to work on the weekends. I am now just waiting for them to give me a call to see if I got the job.

PS: Always answer all the questions with positivity. no matter how much you hated your previous jobs, just always stay positive with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join banking?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the time you handled a difficult customer, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • How is your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Leadership   1 Answer
    • When you tried offering a customer a card and she said no, how'd you handle it?   1 Answer

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Group interview process with several managers within the market. There were about 10 candidates in the room with 4 financial center managers and the main market manager. Asked questions about customer service and what it means. Also asked questions about certain experiences you had at your previous job. Had a role playing activity as well. Definitely needed to know about the company and speak eloquently. This is where you try to shine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you maneuvered though the situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

You start with an online application, then you have to pass the online virtual simulator, then get called for phone interview with recruiter if you pass the application and simulator, then if the interview with the recruiter goes well, you finish with a one-on-one interview with financial center manager

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview happen very quickly. I came in with a big smile with good energy. I had a firm handshake and I was actually compliment because of it. The person that interviewed me told me he enjoyed my attitude as well as the friendly smile that I had.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

The process was: Applied online-Phone recruiter interview-Interview with manager at BoA branch-Call from phone recruiter offering job after that I had to do background check, fingerprints, proof that I can work here.

Interview Questions

• From what I remember they asked me
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      -How did you handle an upset customer?
      -One role play scenario
      *they read off a script for interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I talked with HR three days after I submitted my application, had a phone interview with the bank manager, and then another with a regional manager. I was hired in less than 3 week

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into banking when you have no previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Leandro, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did assessment same day. 3 days later got called by manager at bank to come in for interview next day. Next day interviewed with manager and assistant manager about 30 minutes asked to tell about myself and did one role play. Asked about their product and interviewer was impressed with my answers and curious did i bank there which i did. At the end overall just wanted to know my availabillity and 5 days later got offer

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed first in phone . General discussion about bacground, why to change job, hours, last company review , manager name and his views on me, my availablity, salary, benefits.
    Asked about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell pop ups.
      Policy change.
      Difficult situation   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Simple. Just the usual interview questions. Must know how to communicate and handle cash. Simple. Just the usual interview questions. Must know how to communicate and handle cash. Nothing else to it. Be proper and well spoken.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Starts off with a phone interview. Then you get 2 in person interviews depending on what branch and district you will be placed. The over the phone interview is more of a formality than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was irate and how to you resolve the situation.   Answer Question