Bank of America Program Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Program Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting. Was first invited to a pre interview dinner where you meet the employees, then had a on campus behavioral interview but have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to adapt to something quickly   Answer Question
    • What was something you liked and disliked about your previous position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you led a team and if you were successful, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to convince someone to do something   Answer Question

Quantitative Market Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on Campus and interview at career center. Behavior interview for first round, second round is on-site with quantitative finance questions. The interviewers are alumni from NYU so they are very friendly during the process. However, the feedback process was long

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a preliminary phone call with their HR department. Have 3 more rounds of interview to clear if I get them. The interviewer was very friendly and co-operative- she spoke about the culture and what attributes would be a good fit.

Financial Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I received my interview through my Universities career center website. The night before the interview - BOA held a pre interview dinner with a bunch of employees. This was very helpful because everyone got to meet members of the team and ask questions before the interview. The interview was only 30 minutes and entirely behavioral. They were really looking for the candidates potential fit within BOA. The second round interview was multiples interviews with different managers. This round they asked basic finance and accounting technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a current event that is impacting BOA and why?   1 Answer

Finance Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round interview consisted mainly of behavioral and fit questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview to be frank. Before I met with the interviewer, I got a chance to talk with him and some current FMAP employees at a small gathering the night before. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. If I made it to the next round, I would have been flown to Charlotte, NC for a super day.

Quantitative Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was actually rather short, only 15 minutes. The interviewer gave me a bit of background on the position, asked why I wanted it, and then we briefly discussed my resume. A physics problem was asked (see Interview Questions) and then it was opened up to my questions. The impression I got was that this was a screen more than a full interview.

Interview Questions

• You're in a car driving on a circular 1 mile long track. You drive at 30 mph for the first lap. How fast do you have to go on the second lap to average 60 mph over the entire 2 laps?   1 Answer

Finance Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

2 half hour, back-to-back interviews that were 100% behavioral given by two friendly individuals that kept things relaxed throughout. Questions included: give me an example of when you've delegated, why this position, describe a difficult situation that you've been in, describe a difficult decision you've had to make, and they expected you to have questions ready to ask them. They were willing to do the interview virtually which was nice of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used market research to make a decision.   Answer Question

Tech Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

30 min mild technical phone interview. Flew me out to NY for the main interviews. 1 night - networking. next day - 6 round of 30 mins each. Some behavioral and some technical. Not too hard though

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Application - September: Applied through campus job posting portal.
    On-campus Interview - October: 30-minute interview focusing on both behavioral (e.g. tell me about yourself, why BoA, why QMAP) and technical (e.g. project technical details, brain teaser, solve a problem) perspectives. There was a reception / meet and greet the night before the interviews to meet potential interviewers and current QMAP members. The results were out in 2 days.
    Final-round Interview - October: The final day consists of a half day of group case presentation and another half day of 4 interviews (2 behavioral + 2 technical). All candidates were given a week to work on a HBS case and to turn in some preliminary analyses prior to the interview. On the interview day, candidates were assigned into random groups of approximately 6 and were required to discuss and put together a case presentation in 2 hours, followed by 15-minute presentation and 15-minute Q&A (Be prepared to answer questions anytime during the presentation). The behavioral and technical interviews were relatively less quant-oriented comparing to that of other companies. Just know your resume / experience really well and carry on casual conversations with the interviewers. Again, there was a reception the night before to meet more QMAP members in the Charlotte office and other individuals from groups that accept QMAP members. I heard back from the bank regarding the result in 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain market liquidity to a 7-year old? What do you think it takes to be successful in an organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable. In fact, pretty much all leadership/specialized programs are not negotiable across firms in the banking industry.

Quantitative Management Associate Program (QMAP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting system and interviewed on campus.

Interview Questions

• You should always be prepared for math problems related to the topics you list on your resume. I was asked what the convergence rate of Monte Carlo simulation is.   1 Answer