Bank of America Sales and Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was a video interview and then got invited for a super day- first interview was all behavioral questions and then Superday was 3 interviews, 1 one on one and 2, two on ones. A lot of questions were on fit and markets. Got a call later that day with an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me what's going in the markets, stock pitch, interest rates and tell me about Trump's pick for new Fed chair   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a long questionnaire that was made of about 40 behavioral interview questions to determine fit at the firm. They asked about your personality and your work experience. This was for the Global Sales and Trading sophomore summer internship.

Interview Questions

• How aggressive do you see yourself compared to others your age?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was mainly behavioral. One man was very hard on me for the answers I gave; although, I am only a sophomore. They are looking for the best of the best.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by HR for a first round phone interview, consisting of two back-to-back interviews. Was pretty easy, some behavioral and market questions. Was contacted 2 weeks later for the superday, which took place after another two weeks. Superday was six one-on-one interviews, with a mix of behavioral, brainteaser and markets questions.

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Interview, 1 Superday in NY with 3-30minute interviews with VPs and Directors. Varied by interviewer on technical vs behavioral. Overall wanted to see basic understanding of the markets and interest in sales and trading.

Interview Questions

• What's going on in the European bond market? Why would someone invest in a negative interest rate bond?   Answer Question

Summer Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One on-campus interview one-on-one before being invited to a superday, which I have yet to attend. Informed superday will consist of 3 back to back interviews, all two-on-one. The first round and superday were a month apart.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the markets?   2 Answers

Sales and Trading, Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was a two on one phone interview. The interviewers were a recent college grad and a Managing Director. It was mostly behavioral with a few industry specific questions to test your preparation. Much easier to have two on one because it took up more of the interview time to have each person responding to questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general behavioral questions then asked me to name three stories on the cover of the Wall Street Journal the morning of and to talk about a recent M&A deal I was interested in.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

Applied through career website and got the first round. It was mostly behavioral and some markets questions. Interviewed by a sales associate and a MD trader. Some market questions and perspectives on certain markets. Ask about my past internship experience and my hobbies and interest. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• behavioral and market questions. Also personal and fit questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bryn Mawr, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting website, received an invitation for a first round interview several days later. Interviewed with two analysts, and then two VPs. First round was mostly fit questions, asking why I considered myself a good candidate for the position. Second round was a little more technical. Nonetheless, nice employees.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 step interview process for me- phone screening, then superday. I got the phone screening by making a really good impression/connection with an MD I met at my school's career fair. However, coming from a non-target school, I made sure to aggressively followed up with the MD through various e-mails and phone calls. The superday was 1.5 hours long, 3 rounds of 30 min, each with 2 different people (MD's and VP's).

Interview Questions

• Name one large event going on in the world affecting the markets that you've been following, what is your biggest weakness, how do you handle defeat, how do you upsell products, stock pitch, 2nd stock pitch, if you had a couple of million dollars to invest what would you invest in and why, what sector would you invest in right now and why, what makes you think you can handle a trading floor where there is so much going on at once and you're constantly dealing with a fast pace and upset clients, how is the US economy doing, name a time when you were a leader and you dealt with a conflict on your team, where else are you applying, why BAML, why sales and trading, sales or trading if you had to pick, name a time when you changed up a process, name a time when you worked on a team and had a problem, tell me about yourself   Answer Question