Bank of America Sales and Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.1

Summer Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One on-campus interview one-on-one before being invited to a superday, which I have yet to attend. Informed superday will consist of 3 back to back interviews, all two-on-one. The first round and superday were a month apart.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the markets?   2 Answers

Sales and Trading, Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was a two on one phone interview. The interviewers were a recent college grad and a Managing Director. It was mostly behavioral with a few industry specific questions to test your preparation. Much easier to have two on one because it took up more of the interview time to have each person responding to questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general behavioral questions then asked me to name three stories on the cover of the Wall Street Journal the morning of and to talk about a recent M&A deal I was interested in.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

Applied through career website and got the first round. It was mostly behavioral and some markets questions. Interviewed by a sales associate and a MD trader. Some market questions and perspectives on certain markets. Ask about my past internship experience and my hobbies and interest. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• behavioral and market questions. Also personal and fit questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bryn Mawr, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting website, received an invitation for a first round interview several days later. Interviewed with two analysts, and then two VPs. First round was mostly fit questions, asking why I considered myself a good candidate for the position. Second round was a little more technical. Nonetheless, nice employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 step interview process for me- phone screening, then superday. I got the phone screening by making a really good impression/connection with an MD I met at my school's career fair. However, coming from a non-target school, I made sure to aggressively followed up with the MD through various e-mails and phone calls. The superday was 1.5 hours long, 3 rounds of 30 min, each with 2 different people (MD's and VP's).

Interview Questions

• Name one large event going on in the world affecting the markets that you've been following, what is your biggest weakness, how do you handle defeat, how do you upsell products, stock pitch, 2nd stock pitch, if you had a couple of million dollars to invest what would you invest in and why, what sector would you invest in right now and why, what makes you think you can handle a trading floor where there is so much going on at once and you're constantly dealing with a fast pace and upset clients, how is the US economy doing, name a time when you were a leader and you dealt with a conflict on your team, where else are you applying, why BAML, why sales and trading, sales or trading if you had to pick, name a time when you changed up a process, name a time when you worked on a team and had a problem, tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college portal and got accepted for a first round interview. The man was extremely warm and put me at ease. we discussed at length my resume and my personal background. he seemed very interested in me as a person and we did not get to talk about finance as much as I would have liked. He said I should try applying for a research position because i was very thoughtful and smart. Given that I was applying for a different position, I knew that I would not pass on to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied both online and through on-campus recruiting channels. Had a first round interview in person and was invited to New York for a superday. Many questions were behavioral and some technical questions. Be prepared for a stock pitch and market questions.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview and a final round Super Day. With in the first week they let me know that I was a candidate for the position; after several weeks they let me know that I had gotten the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at BAML, specifically sales and trading?   1 Answer
    • What experiences have you had that you feel will prepare you for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by Superday

Overall really good experience. Questions were both behavioral and technical. The interviewers were all very polite and straight forward. The behavioral questions were more team/ conflict resolution oriented. Technical questions varied depending on what desk the person I was talking to came from. Discussed a wide range of topics from general market news and events to different central bank policy. Have a firm understanding of the current interest rate sentiment with some meaningful stats to back up your opinion.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see interest rates going in the next 6 months?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and mostly behavioral. In hindsight, I understand why I wasn't called back for a second round, I was grossly under-prepared for how this type, or any type, of interview.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your resume, sell me this pen, how many street lights are in Manhattan   Answer Question