Bank of America Teller Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.6

774 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR who asked basic questions about my background in customer service and interest in the company then I was invited to meet with the branch manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Potential employees can expect a fairly straightforward interview process consisting of a group panel interview, in which a skills test and a personality test are given. A standard interview question might include, "Tell me about a time when you had to work as part of a team." Potential employees can apply online or in person. Applicants who are offered positions can expect to submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • how would your former employer rate you ?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe the work environment that you would ]like to work in   1 Answer
    • What are the values that you believe in ?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pasadena, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume online and waited a month for a reply from HR and finally set up a person interview in with the branch manager. However, instead of the branch manager I got the assistant branch manager and just went down the list of my resume. Fairly straight forward and now waiting for a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Arcadia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

At first a recruiter called to discuss about the position and salary with me. He asked when will be my availability to come in for a face-to-face interview with the branch manager. I took the opportunity and was scheduled to do it the next day. I came in 15 mins ealier to give a great impression. The interview was easy as long as you prepared for it. Also, it was very chill and I got to laugh with both of the interviewers. They asked about my schedule and If I am also willing to work on the weekends. I am now just waiting for them to give me a call to see if I got the job.

PS: Always answer all the questions with positivity. no matter how much you hated your previous jobs, just always stay positive with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join banking?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the time you handled a difficult customer, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • How is your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Leadership   1 Answer
    • When you tried offering a customer a card and she said no, how'd you handle it?   1 Answer

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Group interview process with several managers within the market. There were about 10 candidates in the room with 4 financial center managers and the main market manager. Asked questions about customer service and what it means. Also asked questions about certain experiences you had at your previous job. Had a role playing activity as well. Definitely needed to know about the company and speak eloquently. This is where you try to shine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you maneuvered though the situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

You start with an online application, then you have to pass the online virtual simulator, then get called for phone interview with recruiter if you pass the application and simulator, then if the interview with the recruiter goes well, you finish with a one-on-one interview with financial center manager

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview happen very quickly. I came in with a big smile with good energy. I had a firm handshake and I was actually compliment because of it. The person that interviewed me told me he enjoyed my attitude as well as the friendly smile that I had.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

The process was: Applied online-Phone recruiter interview-Interview with manager at BoA branch-Call from phone recruiter offering job after that I had to do background check, fingerprints, proof that I can work here.

Interview Questions

• From what I remember they asked me
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      -How did you handle an upset customer?
      -One role play scenario
      *they read off a script for interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I talked with HR three days after I submitted my application, had a phone interview with the bank manager, and then another with a regional manager. I was hired in less than 3 week

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into banking when you have no previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

apply only and pass the assessment then they will call you discuss about hours and rate, then will have an in-person interview at the branch, after that will go through some paperwork