Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,362 Interview Reviews

2.7

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Lots of red tape and takes 4 months on the long side to get in. Several background checks, fingerprints, interviews (3 to 5) etc. You also have to interview 3 financial advisors at the firm. Just be professional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre where I had to do 3 interviews, a solo presentation (10 minute presentation then 10 minutes of questions) and a numerical test. The interviews were competency, motivational then technical and the latter was by far the most challenging because I had to think on the spot and they asked questions about aspects of the division which I didn't know about.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Frisco, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, I showed up to an interview, the person interviewing me said something discriminatory about poor hispanics, and the interview ended and I was escorted out of the building.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a customer said something offensive to you and how you responded.   1 Answer

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a few phone interviews. I never had a face to face. The phone interviews were extremely technical. You truly needed to have an outstanding knowledge of the agile framework.

Interview Questions

• Many Technical Questions regarding agile. Many questions regarding the SAFe framework   1 Answer

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter, a higher up Executive, then a phone role play with 3 person interactive mock scenarios. It was one of the WORST processes I have ever had. Especially given that I know of others who didn't have to go thru this process.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a multi department meeting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an Open House, we were interviewing by branch manager according position we were applying. No experience in banking was required, and if you do not have experience in banking it is difficult to respond answer as a banker.

Interview Questions

• Role playing interview, Interviewer was the customer and I was the teller, and she was trying to do a deposit.   Answer Question
    • Mission statement Bank Of America   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sarasota, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process at BOA revolves around role playing. They will ask you some very tough questions and you have to think quickly and sound intelligent and confident. Their emphasis is totally on sales and they are looking for your ability to be able to move the customer over to a banker.

Interview Questions

• How would you peak someone's interest in a credit card? And you have to role play your answer.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

NON - TARGET Wanted to emphasis this since I went through the application process coming from a non target school. you have to be recommended or know the recruiter in order to be considered.

First round: Over the phone, will be paired with someone in the group you're interviewing for (in my position is was someone in M&A). First 20 minutes was purely technicals, the rest was basic fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain accretion and dilution modeling (merger model)
      Walk me through an LBO
      Why does a company buy another one (wanted the most basic answer)
      Cost synergies and revenue synergies
      After about 20 minutes of techincals had basic behaviorals, no brain teasers
      Why BAML
      Walk me through a time you showed leadership
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hendersonville, NC).

Interview

Worst interview ever. The woman interviewing me said, "I'm going to tell you what it's really like working for Bank of America." She also spoke poorly of others who interviewed for the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the end I had to email their corporate office asking them to please stop calling me about the job offer as I was no longer interested. Everyone I spoke to was extremely rude and I wouldn't take my business there if they were the last bank on earth, let alone work there.

Collection I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Norfolk, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Tedious we have in-house interviews from people already employed we also had several math test and several customer service-based surveys after a phone interview and in house and give you an interview with management and with the senior management I was later given the job January 6th 2000 I've been working for 15 years