Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,401 Interview Reviews

2.7

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

First contact was a phone screen with a developer, then an in-person chat with the hiring manager. This was for a contract position, so the process seemed pretty lightweight.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you're building a website. What are the options for securing communications to/from that site?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview happen very quickly. I came in with a big smile with good energy. I had a firm handshake and I was actually compliment because of it. The person that interviewed me told me he enjoyed my attitude as well as the friendly smile that I had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter three months after I applied. The recruiter asked me if I would be available for an interview in a few days. When he called me back he asked me a few simple questions. What's my management style? How do I instill teamwork? How do I motivate my team? Etc...
    Two days later he called me back and wanted me to meet with a manager 2 hours away. That was a second interview. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, it was 90 minutes. Two mangers asked me everything from my education, to my experience to what I know about Bank of America. I did my research so was well equipped. They told me they would be in touch but it may be a while. 4 days later the recruiter called me back and asked me to go to another interview with another manager. Unbeknown to me it turned out to be more of a meet and greet. The manager asked about my life and tried to get to know me. That same day the recruiter called me back and said she would be in touch with "good news." Two days later she called me back and offered me the job and a pretty fair salary. I accepted and they gave me a start date in a few weeks. After starting the background, I had to do some running around, but it was pretty basic. Then a week before starting they called me and told me I did not pass the background. I asked why and she stated she had no idea. I'm not sure what happened and there is literally nothing negative in my history. No criminal behavior, no financial issues and no terminations of employment. All attempts to find out why they didn't clear me have remained fruitless. Add too that the fact that I have passed multiple security clearances for the military without issue and it simply makes no sense. After being offered no rationale for they're denial, I have decided to have nothing to do with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bank of America?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Sit a table with the manager and they will ask you questions about the position and situations you have been in that relates. It was pretty relaxed pretty easy.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I came across the job position via Indeed.ca; I was then forwarded over to their website to complete my application. I completed my application and was contacted by a recruiter in the Toronto office a few days later. We arranged a phone interview that was confirmed via e-mail. The phone interview was brief, however, it seemed as if the recruiter forgot about our scheduled call as I had to follow-up with her and inquire if the call was canceled? The phone interview was standard; we went over my resume and she provided an overview of what the position entails. The interview concluded and she advised that I would be speaking with another recruiter; Head of Sales. She arranged the second interview with the head of sales 2 days later. The second interview was 30 minutes. Standard questions were asked; and she provided a detailed description of the position and company culture and dynamics. She advised that they were still conducting interviews and that they are hoping to have a candidate the desk by mid-June. I thought the interviews went well, however, they thought otherwise? I followed up with the initial recruiter to extend my thanks and was hoping to connect directly with the second recruiter. I never received a response, however, later in the day, I received an automated e-mail from the company's career site advising that my application is no longer being reviewed. I was completely taken aback. I didn't even warrant a phone call or an e-mail. I found it a tad unprofessional. Needless to say, perhaps things happen for a reason. I wouldn't want to work for an organization that doesn't have the decency to provide you with a proper follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience assisting multiple executives?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2016.

Interview

It was standard. One phone screen and a final round of two phone interviews. The first screener was 5 minutes late to the call. For the final round screen, I was apparently supposed to receive a call on time but did not. I waited for 10 minutes before contacting the recruiter again. The recruiter told me that the interviewer in fact did call, and I did not pick up. I was watching my phone the entire time and explained that my call history did not have anybody from BoA, and I had full bars. The second call came through 15 minutes later, and that went fine. I asked the recruiter if I could redo the first call, but it seems that the recruiter didn't believe my explanation and refused to call me back. In the end, it took 4 more weeks to process my application, and I had to email the recruiter back to check up on the process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

How do I work in a fast pace environment and doing multiple task. Can I work on weekends? Did I needed a sponsorship to work in the US? Can I work overtime?

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

There were 5 rounds in total. I had two technical rounds. One round with AVP and another with the VP and final HR round. Time taken to complete the entire process was within weeks. Not much gap between each round.

Interview Questions

• Basic and advance technical questions on testing and SQL   1 Answer

Negotiation

ok

IT Interview

Interview

There was one phone screen followed by an in person interview. Communications were clear and frequent throughout the interview process. This is a great company from what I have seen so far.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

3 tech rounds - 2 technical and 1 HR
    Questions related to technologies used, Salary negotiation, some behavioral questions
    Reason for leaving the current company, education background, recent projects