Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017
4,789 Interview Reviews

2.7

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied through the university portal and on the company website. Got a phone call with behavioral question. 2nd round was on site. Got offer a couple months later and I accepted.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minutes, they just asked me behavioral question, tell me about yourself. The rest of the questions are all technical. They ask me question on Java and other programming languages. Very technical

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

- Applied online
    - Received an email to take the assessment test (IQ / personality test)
    - After a couple of days, received a phone call from VP corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview in two days
    -Phone interview for 30 mins. Once the recruiter decides that you have the potential, she'll set you up with a face-to-face interview with the Market manager.
    -Interview with the market manager lasted for 30 minutes.
    -Didn't hear from the recruiter until I reached out to her myself a week later that they decided to move forward with a different candidate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my college. It was all behavioral. Asked questions about my resume and why I was interested in the job. I ultimately had to follow up several times with the recruiter to get a response about moving on several weeks later.

Collections Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was a job fair set up with over 50 applicants attending. Four applicants at a time sat with four interviewers in one large room. Each applicant sat face to face with their interviewer at a small table. The standard format of 3 question were asked. It was a brief process lasting less than 10 minutes start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge outside of your typical routine. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a stressful situation at work. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

FMAP Interview

Interview

Talked with recruiter for a couple weeks. Applied online and had one phone interview. Invited to New York City to interview. Three interviews. One case study, one technical, one behavioral

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Accounting questions (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, etc)   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Went to career fair and scheduled an onsite interview later that week. Interviewer was horrible and very rude, telling me that everything I did it a previous top 4 internship was irrelevant and ended the interview saying “That’s it for the mandatory questions, but nothings really mandatory.”

Technical Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Concord, CA).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, and honestly my experience of the interview process was pretty unprofessional for such a big bank. The guy I emailed back and forth with initially forgot to send me the directions to get to where we would meet. I had to follow-up to get that info. The interview itself was easy, two people asked me questions, one took notes - it was very conversational and all about my level of customer service experience and technical knowledge. Very surface level. I am more than qualified for the spot, and I felt pretty good leaving the interview. I was told I would be contacted a week later, the start date to be two weeks later. I followed up twice via email with the guy that initially contacted me for the interview...nothing. Two more weeks go by...nothing. I finally had to follow up with the person I know who referred me, and saw online that they would not be moving forward with me.

I expect to be told the status of my application - applicants should not be forced to wait in limbo. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say about you? Tell us a specific time you resolved an issue and gave excellent customer care? Tell us about your current role?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview. Very professionally done. We had a great conversation. The interviewer took time to answer all of my questions and provided insight into their hiring process. I was moved through to the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation in which your financial advisor was holding back on a client? How would you handle this and what would you say to address the matter?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you faced and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience and generally not that hard. two rounds of interview. One round behavioral and the other round technical. Prepare about behavioral interview and you should be fine.