Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
4,363 Interview Reviews

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied through career center at school. Received invitation for pre night dinner two weeks after. Two back to back. Interviews were nice. Most are behavioral questions. Heard back a week later.

Consumer Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interviewed by Sallie Mae 3/31/17 by two HR coordinators. Advised application process ends 4/3/17, and training begins 4/24/17. Advised of salary and benefits. Advised of opportunity for advancement.
    Agreed to start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you minimize risk in the student loan process?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

online skills testing, I would have thought that personal contact woulod be the first step but the interpersonal relationship skill testing with a real person apparently is not the first qualification of the "Relationship Manager' position

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (West Richland, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took about six weeks with two different computer test and one phone call. I feel the company wasted my time. Manager should make determine if the person fits their needs before asking them to get the online test done.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotch Plains, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Scotch Plains, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick. Applied online, took the test. Please take your time on the test. Received a call from the main branch to come in for a interview, there it was very fast spoke about the company, past experiences, and the next day received an offer. After that just need to do the background check and the fingerprints which is a long procedure in itself.

Consumer Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

the first round was a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter that covered mostly behavioral questions. the second round the next week was also over the phone but with consumer bankers. good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you changed someone's thought or action   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

The process was: Applied online-Phone recruiter interview-Interview with manager at BoA branch-Call from phone recruiter offering job after that I had to do background check, fingerprints, proof that I can work here.

Interview Questions

• From what I remember they asked me
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      -How did you handle an upset customer?
      -One role play scenario
      *they read off a script for interview questions
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I talked with HR three days after I submitted my application, had a phone interview with the bank manager, and then another with a regional manager. I was hired in less than 3 week

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into banking when you have no previous experience?   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through a staffing firm. Interview consisted of two rounds -- a 30-minute technical phone screen and an hour long in-person technical interview.

The phone screen was pretty basic and it was to filter out candidates based on their knowledge of fundamentals/concepts. It was with one of the Lead Developers and mainly focused on HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The in-person interview was scheduled for next week. It was a panel of four -- 3 Lead Developers and the Team Lead. Started off with the introduction of the panel and was asked to provide a quick background about my current role and experience. And right away, we moved on to white boarding. I was asked to write code on the white board for 6 - 8 different questions and it lasted for 45 minutes. The last 10 minutes included behavioral questions and in the end I was given some time to ask the panel any questions.

Overall, the interview itself was great. The interviewers were quite nice and casual, they helped me keep my cool.

Two days later, I was informed that they really liked me and wanted to hire me full-time. Unfortunately, they could not extend an offer since I'm on a work visa (which they already knew, so I thought it was a bit unprofessional).

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Phone screen

HTML:
      1. What is semantic HTML? Who is it for?
      2. What are data attributes? What are they used for?

CSS:
      1. Explain CSS box model
      2. What is box-sizing property? Explain its values and the resulting behavior.
      3. What is specificity? How do you achieve it?
      4. What is cascading in CSS?

javascript
      1. Difference between =, == and ===
      2. What are bind, call and apply methods for? Explain the difference.
      3. What is event bubbling?
      4. What is event delegation?

Other:
      1. What is accessibility? How do you achieve it?
      2. Something that you learnt in the past week?
      3. How do you keep up with new technologies and trends?
      1 Answer
    • Round 2: In-person

White boarding:
      1. Write the code to achieve the following:

let myStr = "hello world!";
      // your code here
      console.log(myStr); // !dlrow olleh

2. What is the output? Why?

console.log(“one”);
      SetTimeout(function(){
          console.log(“two”);
      }, 0);
      console.log(“three”);

3. For a given number ("n"), write a function that loops from 1 to "n" and outputs "Fizz" if the number is divisible by 3, "Buzz" if it is divisible by 5, "FizzBuzz" if it is divisible by both 3 & 5, and the number itself otherwise

4. What is the output? How to fix it?

console.log(“start”);
      for(var i=0;i<5;i++){
          setTimeout[function(){
              console.log(i);
          },0);
      }
      console.log(“end”);

5. For a given array ([8, 7, 5, 3, 3, 0, 9, 1]), do the following: (must use ES6 Array methods)
      i) Sort in ascending order
      ii) Remove duplicates
      iii) Find numbers greater than a particular number (for ex: greater than 3)
      1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview process was not complicated, had multiple rounds, first with HR, then with SVP and next technical. All three rounds were fine, interview with SVP was very formal, questions asked were experience related. Third round technical interview was also very job specific and current experience related and it went well.

Interview Questions

• Lot of technical questions and real time experience in Java, trouble shooting, production support, hands-on knowledge.   1 Answer