Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,588 Interview Reviews

2.7

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

It was an accelerated process. There was a huge mixup with my interview times and I am pretty sure I interviewed with the people I wasn't supposed to talk to. Three 30 min interviews mixed with 2v1 and 1v1. First one was completely behavioral and then started getting technical. Overall neutral experience. Could have been much better but my head was a little lost due to the fact that I almost didn't get to interview because they did not register me. Make sure you can talk about everything on your resume because they will poke.

Commercial Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. I met with a manager and VP. They both wanted to review my resume and past experience. I came in with a lot of questions about the current job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about current job situations and experience.   Answer Question

Relation Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website of Bank of America for the position. There was an assessment test right after turning your application in. If you meet the requirements after the assessment test, recruiting manager of BofA will contact you to schedule a phone interview to get to know you better. If they want to move forward with your application, they will schedule an onsite meeting right away with one of the hiring manager. After onsite interview, the Hiring Manager will write a feedback to the Corporate Recruiter and they will decide to offer you a position or not.

The whole process was pretty fast after passing the assessment test. Good communication, clear in information.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wildwood, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on BOA site on august 11th. I was contacted on 14th to interview with bank manager after passing online assessment.
    Interview went very well, manager was very personable, made me feel very at ease. Right now I am waiting to complete background check.

Interview Questions

• One question asked was if I would have a problem asking customers about their financial situation.   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poulsbo, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Poulsbo, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took about 1 week and the interview process took about 4 weeks. I applied online, update all my information on my BoA career account, I passed the assessment virtual tryout took me about an hour to complete all the questionnaire, no problems encountered during the assessment. Weeks after I got an email for interview was asked basic questions and got scheduled for in branch interview with the Financial Center Manager, was told will find out the result in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I did follow up with the recruiter but wasn't chosen. Both recruiter were amazing, they are always available if you have questions or for follow up status, then they moved me in for the second in branch interview on the other location after a week wasn't chosen again, But my patience didn't stop from there I patiently waiting then one of the recruiter called me back for the 3rd in branch interview located close to my home ( 7 minutes drive ), The interview was easy (if you prepared yourself for it)(I did a lot of research and a lot of practice) got to laugh with the interviewer, talked about life in Banking , my call center experience , How he get in to bank job and customer service and my qualifications...
    So just dig all information you can get about the teller interview questions and answers especially to the bank you're applying for, KNOW THE COMPANY, their Product and Services. Also just think what you did wrong on previous interviews and try to correct them for your next interview, LISTEN very carefully and pay close ATTENTION to DETAIL, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS with EYE-CONTACT but not too awkward, SMILE- show your CONFIDENT and ENTHUSIASM, but Watch your BODY LANGUAGE, be PROFESSIONAL, DRESS PROFESSIONALLY , for women : black slacks, black dress shoe with 2 inch acceptable heels (make sure you're comfortable) black suit , any dark color inside blouse be SIMPLE , NEAT and CLEAN ( avoid applying too much perfume), light make up ( with mine : liquid foundation, brownish lipstick, black eyeliner and mascara) ..
    for JEWELRY NOT TOO MUCH - earrings, watch and my ring the only jewelry on me that time) . I arrived at the interview location 30 minutes early I was chilling in my car reviewing all the interview questions and answers I have with me, same thing I did with the past 2 interviews so pretty much all of it are on my head well I meant not exactly but I'm comfortable enough to present them, RELAX and you will do fine. NEVER QUIT - NEVER GIVE UP. KEEP FIGHTING. My interviewer responded to my thank you letter a day after I sent my thank you letter saying he wanted to thank me for my interest and being professional and to my enthusiasm for the job then he mentioned again on that email what day next week the interviews will be done and will receive a call from the recruiter by the end of next week. I was happy first time ever he's the only one who respond to my thank you email - 3 years of trying to get in the teller job , lot of interviews and thank you emails but no one did except for this time . week after I receive an email from recruiter about the job offer and asking my time availability to talk about it. Then 2 hrs after that email I received a call from recruiter offering the job and I accepted it. And now just waiting for the documents to be sent and estimated start day with in 3 weeks.

Commercial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call screening with recruiter
    2. In-person interview with 2 hiring managers - market executive and sales performance manager
    3. In-person interview with 4 relationship managers - who the commercial associate will be supporting in the role

Fraud Servicing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a email about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. I had my interview a week later. I arrived to the building had to check in with security. I sat in the lobby with 4 other people. We waited for someone to come get us. We walked to a room and then another person came and informed on the company, training, hours. Then 5 manager came and got us, we walked to different locations. They asked usual questions. Why Them, Background, how does my back ground transfer to bank of america. I got a call two days later saying I got the job and do I accept. Then about two weeks I got the request to sign my offer letter. Then I had to fill out stuff for a background and then had to make an appointment to get fingerprint. Did that the next day. They called me the next day to tell me everything is fine and now we wait for the start date.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pennington, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

It was easy and to the point . Recruiter contacted - Had a telephonic interview - They interested in imperson interview - later that week meeting was setup and onsite interview was done .

Interview Questions

• What technology you mastered in ?
      what is CI/CD concept ?
      he explained their infra and asked me how will you fit in this role ?
      Switching from development to devops role , will i be comfortable ?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. Then I took an assessment test. The test would ask the same question different ways to see if you are consistent in your answers. This was more of a personality assessment and included a timed portion of narrative situations where you answered questions. Next, the recruiter called for a screening on the phone and scheduled a group interview for me with the market sales manager and financial center sales market manager. I, along with another candidate, we're interviewing for same job but at different locations. The interview went well and both interviewers were informative and professional. I received a phone call shortly after the interview from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the market executive. The phone interview went well. I had the interview at the end of week and got offered the position the early part of the next week. The whole process from applying online to getting job took a little less than three weeks.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was mainly behavioral. One man was very hard on me for the answers I gave; although, I am only a sophomore. They are looking for the best of the best.