Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,416 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I talked with HR three days after I submitted my application, had a phone interview with the bank manager, and then another with a regional manager. I was hired in less than 3 week

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into banking when you have no previous experience?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

A manager at the firm submitted my resume. I was emailed to apply for a position by an HR rep. I called the rep to verify something on the email she sent and during the course of the conversation she said that my resume had already circulated the company and there were several managers interested. I applied for the position and took the test. I was then called for a phone interview by the same HR rep. I was told after the phone interview that I was moving on to the next interview and to expect a call no later than Monday (this was on a Thursday). We talked about what locations would be best for me based on location. I was told several managers were interested and lined up to interview. I never got a call so I emailed the HR rep. She said I was her number one priority but she wasn't able to get in touch with the hiring manger (notice it was one now). I waited another week and emailed again, and got the same response, that managers were interested but she hadn't been able to schedule with them. Each time she said she would get back with me and never once did. Very unprofessional for someone to promise another interview and go so far as to say I have many interested managers and then just go silent without any updates. It’s now been almost a month and nothing.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process was simple from applying and taking the assessment to arriving to the interview on time. The people that I interviewed with were so very easy to speak with, you almost forget you are interviewing for employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work as a team to reach a goal, as a team.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview process was not complicated, had multiple rounds, first with HR, then with SVP and next technical. All three rounds were fine, interview with SVP was very formal, questions asked were experience related. Third round technical interview was also very job specific and current experience related and it went well.

Interview Questions

• Lot of technical questions and real time experience in Java, trouble shooting, production support, hands-on knowledge.   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through a staffing firm. Interview consisted of two rounds -- a 30-minute technical phone screen and an hour long in-person technical interview.

The phone screen was pretty basic and it was to filter out candidates based on their knowledge of fundamentals/concepts. It was with one of the Lead Developers and mainly focused on HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The in-person interview was scheduled for next week. It was a panel of four -- 3 Lead Developers and the Team Lead. Started off with the introduction of the panel and was asked to provide a quick background about my current role and experience. And right away, we moved on to white boarding. I was asked to write code on the white board for 6 - 8 different questions and it lasted for 45 minutes. The last 10 minutes included behavioral questions and in the end I was given some time to ask the panel any questions.

Overall, the interview itself was great. The interviewers were quite nice and casual, they helped me keep my cool.

Two days later, I was informed that they really liked me and wanted to hire me full-time. Unfortunately, they could not extend an offer since I'm on a work visa (which they already knew, so I thought it was a bit unprofessional).

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Phone screen

HTML:
      1. What is semantic HTML? Who is it for?
      2. What are data attributes? What are they used for?

CSS:
      1. Explain CSS box model
      2. What is box-sizing property? Explain its values and the resulting behavior.
      3. What is specificity? How do you achieve it?
      4. What is cascading in CSS?

javascript
      1. Difference between =, == and ===
      2. What are bind, call and apply methods for? Explain the difference.
      3. What is event bubbling?
      4. What is event delegation?

Other:
      1. What is accessibility? How do you achieve it?
      2. Something that you learnt in the past week?
      3. How do you keep up with new technologies and trends?
      1 Answer
    • Round 2: In-person

White boarding:
      1. Write the code to achieve the following:

let myStr = "hello world!";
      // your code here
      console.log(myStr); // !dlrow olleh

2. What is the output? Why?

console.log(“one”);
      SetTimeout(function(){
          console.log(“two”);
      }, 0);
      console.log(“three”);

3. For a given number ("n"), write a function that loops from 1 to "n" and outputs "Fizz" if the number is divisible by 3, "Buzz" if it is divisible by 5, "FizzBuzz" if it is divisible by both 3 & 5, and the number itself otherwise

4. What is the output? How to fix it?

console.log(“start”);
      for(var i=0;i<5;i++){
          setTimeout[function(){
              console.log(i);
          },0);
      }
      console.log(“end”);

5. For a given array ([8, 7, 5, 3, 3, 0, 9, 1]), do the following: (must use ES6 Array methods)
      i) Sort in ascending order
      ii) Remove duplicates
      iii) Find numbers greater than a particular number (for ex: greater than 3)
      1 Answer

PreDiversity Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online, then got a first round phone interview which was only a 20 minute phone screen with a recruiter. It was a very simple process that was quick and easy

Interview Questions

• What do you do on campus, do you have leadership roles, what do you hope to get out of the program   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied for the position on the company's website. Received a call from the HR team about a week later asking me to come in and meet with the hiring manager for the position. The in-person interview was about 30 min long and could have probably been done over the phone. It was pretty much an in-person initial screening. She asked basic walk me through your resume questions and send she was interviewing others so would follow-up the next week. Week passes and no word so I sent an email to follow-up and never got a reply. It's been months and still not even a rejection email.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Took an assessment followed by two 30 minute interviews. It took about a month after applying on my university's career website. Very nice people and easy to talk with. The questions were behavioral mostly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was encouraged to apply online from a recruiter. I completed the online application and never heard back from anyone affiliated with Bank of America. blah blah blah blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• They asked what my name was   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

phone interview then in person interview the interviewer put me through questions of prior experience and then had me role play an outbound sales call. After asked if I had any questions and told me it went well.