Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,258 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,258 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

1. First round was telephonic, questions were behavioral i.e. situation based. It was 30 mins long, said resume will be forwarded for particular project and they will contact. Did not get any response, even for rejection till date. sent multiple follow up mails still no response. They don't care about applicants.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach issue with incorrect output of query from huge database?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I am still waiting for next steps but for now It has required an online assessment and two interviews.
    It has been a really fast process with good communication from their side.

Interview Questions

• The interview had really standard questions... some about my previous work experience, why will I be a good fit for the position, what did I know about this position and why I wanted to work for Bank of America, what I was looking for, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (North Charleston, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview then an in person interview. I was supposed to have another phone interview but I was offered the job. But it then was cancelled due to an unsatisfactory background check. I do not know what the reason was. It was very disappointing and heartbreaking. Only thing I can advise on is ensuring you DO NOT resign your job until you are 100% certain you have secured your job. Even if they do tell you that you got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Duluth, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on Bank of America website. Took assessment. Then was contacted for the group interview. After the group interview they asked me to stay for the one-on-one interview. My interviewer was really awesome. Since I didn't have experience meeting sales goals he suggested a different position that I could apply for, so I am currently in the interview process for Relationship Banker.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you developed a personal relationship with a client?   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of America (Utica, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

You will questioned like a serial killer during the phone interview, then you will get a face to face interview, however that still doesn't land you the job. You have to jump through a huge amount of loopholes before you can continue.

Interview Questions

• Why work here?
      Explain how you handled a hard situation?
      Explain a time when you did something with an unpopular opinion?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting. Was first invited to a pre interview dinner where you meet the employees, then had a on campus behavioral interview but have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to adapt to something quickly   Answer Question
    • What was something you liked and disliked about your previous position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you led a team and if you were successful, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to convince someone to do something   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview (1st round) and most of the questions were behavioral. I submitted my resume and cover letter applying for IBD summer analyst through our university's career portal and heard back from Bank of America two weeks after my submission. An associated conducted first round phone interview with me.

Summer Analyst - Global Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via university recruiting and then directly through BAML website. I had an on campus interview approximately ten days later. It was very heavy on technical questions regarding markets, economics, and aspects of capital structure. Interviewers were tough, but fair. Having a good grip on markets and central bank policy is very useful for talking points.

Interview Questions

• Pick a company you follow. If they needed to raise cash for a capital project how would you advise them to raise it? Debt or Equity? Why?   Answer Question
    • If a clock reads 3:15, what is the angle between the two hands?   1 Answer

Applied Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a smooth interview. About 15 minutes before the interview, I met with someone who presented me with a case study and some questions they wanted me to present on during the interview. It was a situation that was meant to display traits like: leadership, problem solving, team work, independent thought. They asked a great deal of behavioral questions and a very small amount of technical questions. I have not gotten an offer yet because those decisions will not be made until the middle of November.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part about learning a new coding language?   Answer Question
    • Would you say that coding is mostly a self taught subject?   Answer Question
    • Name three traits that you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Bank of America?   Answer Question

FMAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward Behavioral questions for the most part. I didn't have much time to prepare, but the interviewer was nice and gave me some immediate feedback when the interview ended. My interviewer was also someone who went to the company presentation earlier.