Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,368 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in May 2017.

Interview

Great process. Great company. Everyone was friendly, interesting, interested, and a part of a great company culture. This company has improved so much since the purchase of Countrywide and the financial crisis of 2008 and no doubt this is one of the greatest companies in the world.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter scheduled a phone interview one month later. It was a very general interview questions like walking through the resume and focused on sales experiences, customer service experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New Port Richey, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview process was completed with 2 phone interviews and one face to face interview. This process took two months (tough when you're actively seeking a paycheck). Be prepared for role play, and how to properly ask customer "open-ended probing questions" to help identify their needs. Once you make it to the face to face interview, you better be ready! This role is 100% Sales driven with an expectation of high level customer service. I made it to round #3 and was not offered the position :( possibly due to the role play part of the interview process. Although they offer training, you better have your game face on and be prepared on how to get customers to open up and share information. This is a great company to join, if you can make it past the interview process and love providing customer solutions and selling financial products. If you're shy don't apply. (I'm prepping for my next round of interviews and plan on getting hired)

Interview Questions

• Were you ever held accountable to a sales quota, if so, did you make your goal? What were the challenges, study Behavioural job interview questions, this will help.   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working for Bank of America? What do you know about Bank of America?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

i was scheduled for a telephone interview. The interviewer simply did not call me. Then again it was resechuled at another day. Again call me half an hour late, and told me that it will be 10 minute process. In that he asked my about JIRA tickets and other silly questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you use JIRA tciket process?
      which SDLC do you follow?
      what is object oriented programing?   Answer Question

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through a staffing firm. Interview consisted of two rounds -- a 30-minute technical phone screen and an hour long in-person technical interview.

The phone screen was pretty basic and it was to filter out candidates based on their knowledge of fundamentals/concepts. It was with one of the Lead Developers and mainly focused on HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The in-person interview was scheduled for next week. It was a panel of four -- 3 Lead Developers and the Team Lead. Started off with the introduction of the panel and was asked to provide a quick background about my current role and experience. And right away, we moved on to white boarding. I was asked to write code on the white board for 6 - 8 different questions and it lasted for 45 minutes. The last 10 minutes included behavioral questions and in the end I was given some time to ask the panel any questions.

Overall, the interview itself was great. The interviewers were quite nice and casual, they helped me keep my cool.

Two days later, I was informed that they really liked me and wanted to hire me full-time. Unfortunately, they could not extend an offer since I'm on a work visa (which they already knew, so I thought it was a bit unprofessional).

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Phone screen

HTML:
      1. What is semantic HTML? Who is it for?
      2. What are data attributes? What are they used for?

CSS:
      1. Explain CSS box model
      2. What is box-sizing property? Explain its values and the resulting behavior.
      3. What is specificity? How do you achieve it?
      4. What is cascading in CSS?

javascript
      1. Difference between =, == and ===
      2. What are bind, call and apply methods for? Explain the difference.
      3. What is event bubbling?
      4. What is event delegation?

Other:
      1. What is accessibility? How do you achieve it?
      2. Something that you learnt in the past week?
      3. How do you keep up with new technologies and trends?   1 Answer
    • Round 2: In-person

White boarding:
      1. Write the code to achieve the following:

let myStr = "hello world!";
      // your code here
      console.log(myStr); // !dlrow olleh

2. What is the output? Why?

console.log(“one”);
      SetTimeout(function(){
          console.log(“two”);
      }, 0);
      console.log(“three”);

3. For a given number ("n"), write a function that loops from 1 to "n" and outputs "Fizz" if the number is divisible by 3, "Buzz" if it is divisible by 5, "FizzBuzz" if it is divisible by both 3 & 5, and the number itself otherwise

4. What is the output? How to fix it?

console.log(“start”);
      for(var i=0;i<5;i++){
          setTimeout[function(){
              console.log(i);
          },0);
      }
      console.log(“end”);

5. For a given array ([8, 7, 5, 3, 3, 0, 9, 1]), do the following: (must use ES6 Array methods)
      i) Sort in ascending order
      ii) Remove duplicates
      iii) Find numbers greater than a particular number (for ex: greater than 3)   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied through career center at school. Received invitation for pre night dinner two weeks after. Two back to back. Interviews were nice. Most are behavioral questions. Heard back a week later.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (West Richland, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took about six weeks with two different computer test and one phone call. I feel the company wasted my time. Manager should make determine if the person fits their needs before asking them to get the online test done.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer

Consumer Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

the first round was a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter that covered mostly behavioral questions. the second round the next week was also over the phone but with consumer bankers. good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you changed someone's thought or action   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

A manager at the firm submitted my resume. I was emailed to apply for a position by an HR rep. I called the rep to verify something on the email she sent and during the course of the conversation she said that my resume had already circulated the company and there were several managers interested. I applied for the position and took the test. I was then called for a phone interview by the same HR rep. I was told after the phone interview that I was moving on to the next interview and to expect a call no later than Monday (this was on a Thursday). We talked about what locations would be best for me based on location. I was told several managers were interested and lined up to interview. I never got a call so I emailed the HR rep. She said I was her number one priority but she wasn't able to get in touch with the hiring manger (notice it was one now). I waited another week and emailed again, and got the same response, that managers were interested but she hadn't been able to schedule with them. Each time she said she would get back with me and never once did. Very unprofessional for someone to promise another interview and go so far as to say I have many interested managers and then just go silent without any updates. It’s now been almost a month and nothing.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process was simple from applying and taking the assessment to arriving to the interview on time. The people that I interviewed with were so very easy to speak with, you almost forget you are interviewing for employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work as a team to reach a goal, as a team.   Answer Question