Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.1

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was through campus recruiting so took around 2 weeks - first round was phone interview, second round was Super Day that consisted of 5 in-person interviews.

As an undergraduate interviewing, questions were mostly geared towards behavioral questions. Also, since I don't come from a financial background, they didn't ask me too many technical questions so as long as you know the basic accounting / DCF then you are fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Standard accounting and fit questions. Depends on the interviewer but BAML is pretty much focused on personality fit. They were very interested in my previous summer internships. It was easy to navigate the interview towards what I wanted to talk about.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview (1st round) and most of the questions were behavioral. I submitted my resume and cover letter applying for IBD summer analyst through our university's career portal and heard back from Bank of America two weeks after my submission. An associated conducted first round phone interview with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

NON - TARGET Wanted to emphasis this since I went through the application process coming from a non target school. you have to be recommended or know the recruiter in order to be considered.

First round: Over the phone, will be paired with someone in the group you're interviewing for (in my position is was someone in M&A). First 20 minutes was purely technicals, the rest was basic fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain accretion and dilution modeling (merger model)
      Walk me through an LBO
      Why does a company buy another one (wanted the most basic answer)
      Cost synergies and revenue synergies
      After about 20 minutes of techincals had basic behaviorals, no brain teasers
      Why BAML
      Walk me through a time you showed leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Networked at several BAML events - e.g. Emerging Women
    First round on the phone with one other person
    Second round in New York with three back-to-back interviews. Each interview had two interviewers

Interview Questions

• Why BAML?
      Walk us through the three financial statements
      Tell us about a stock you're following
      Why are you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Great process.It was first phone screen then in person. Very helpful people. Spoke with analyst and MD. Went over my background and mainly things on my resume. Why IBD. Know your resume back to front and know the simple things such as DCF back to front......... .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through dcf, and market questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in July 2016.

Interview

This phone interview was very behavioral. They asked me to walk me through my resume and to describe why I want to do investment banking. They asked me about my interested and my school courses

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online through my university. Heard back a month later and got an interview. I was interviewed by two guys. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Make the interview a conversation with them rather than a very formal process and it'll be a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• First round interview had very little technicals. If you have something on your resume that requires knowledge of technicals, know them. Otherwise, mostly behavioral stuff. If prepared for correctly, it can be an easy home-run.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

They don't recruit at my school, so I applied online and got a phone screen first-round. 2 weeks later they flew me up to the New York office for a superday which lasted ~90 minutes. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions. I heard back the next morning and got my offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the beta of the healthcare sector?   Answer Question
    • If a company takes out $100 million of debt and uses it all to finance a stock buyback, how does it affect the 3 financial statements both now and a year in the future?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

The entire interview was behavioral. I was asked a lot about how much time things on my resume took up, why I wanted to do banking, why I wanted to work there specifically, what location I preferred, ect. No brain teasers or difficult behavioral though, all conversational which was nice

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why BAML, why investment banking   Answer Question