Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

3.1

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a quick phone interview - mostly behavioral, like why IB, why BAML, what groups I'm interested in. Then had a superday in NY. Not too technical given that I have liberal arts background, except for the basic Qs.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, strengths & weaknesses, tell me more about your previous summer experiences/extracurriculars

What are the 3 valuation methodologies and which would get you the highest value? How do you arrive at EBITDA?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied to the accelerated program for a summer analyst position and had a first round phone interview which was really basic. Then got chased to go to the super day in BAML in New York an dated interviews there were also pretty straightforward, and due to the fact that i applied for a sophomore program, i got very few technicals and it was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your Resume, teamwork, previous internship, strengths, interests, why BAML, why IB?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2017.

Interview

Hirevue interview with 5 questions 30 seconds to prepare. We only received 1 try total and a 3 minute time limit to answer each question. There were only behavioral questions, no technicals. Very standard behaviorals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

It was an accelerated process. There was a huge mixup with my interview times and I am pretty sure I interviewed with the people I wasn't supposed to talk to. Three 30 min interviews mixed with 2v1 and 1v1. First one was completely behavioral and then started getting technical. Overall neutral experience. Could have been much better but my head was a little lost due to the fact that I almost didn't get to interview because they did not register me. Make sure you can talk about everything on your resume because they will poke.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was through campus recruiting so took around 2 weeks - first round was phone interview, second round was Super Day that consisted of 5 in-person interviews.

As an undergraduate interviewing, questions were mostly geared towards behavioral questions. Also, since I don't come from a financial background, they didn't ask me too many technical questions so as long as you know the basic accounting / DCF then you are fine.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Standard accounting and fit questions. Depends on the interviewer but BAML is pretty much focused on personality fit. They were very interested in my previous summer internships. It was easy to navigate the interview towards what I wanted to talk about.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview (1st round) and most of the questions were behavioral. I submitted my resume and cover letter applying for IBD summer analyst through our university's career portal and heard back from Bank of America two weeks after my submission. An associated conducted first round phone interview with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

NON - TARGET Wanted to emphasis this since I went through the application process coming from a non target school. you have to be recommended or know the recruiter in order to be considered.

First round: Over the phone, will be paired with someone in the group you're interviewing for (in my position is was someone in M&A). First 20 minutes was purely technicals, the rest was basic fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain accretion and dilution modeling (merger model)
      Walk me through an LBO
      Why does a company buy another one (wanted the most basic answer)
      Cost synergies and revenue synergies
      After about 20 minutes of techincals had basic behaviorals, no brain teasers
      Why BAML
      Walk me through a time you showed leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Networked at several BAML events - e.g. Emerging Women
    First round on the phone with one other person
    Second round in New York with three back-to-back interviews. Each interview had two interviewers

Interview Questions

• Why BAML?
      Walk us through the three financial statements
      Tell us about a stock you're following
      Why are you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Great process.It was first phone screen then in person. Very helpful people. Spoke with analyst and MD. Went over my background and mainly things on my resume. Why IBD. Know your resume back to front and know the simple things such as DCF back to front......... .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through dcf, and market questions   Answer Question