Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview (1st round) and most of the questions were behavioral. I submitted my resume and cover letter applying for IBD summer analyst through our university's career portal and heard back from Bank of America two weeks after my submission. An associated conducted first round phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

NON - TARGET Wanted to emphasis this since I went through the application process coming from a non target school. you have to be recommended or know the recruiter in order to be considered.

First round: Over the phone, will be paired with someone in the group you're interviewing for (in my position is was someone in M&A). First 20 minutes was purely technicals, the rest was basic fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain accretion and dilution modeling (merger model)
      Walk me through an LBO
      Why does a company buy another one (wanted the most basic answer)
      Cost synergies and revenue synergies
      After about 20 minutes of techincals had basic behaviorals, no brain teasers
      Why BAML
      Walk me through a time you showed leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Great process.It was first phone screen then in person. Very helpful people. Spoke with analyst and MD. Went over my background and mainly things on my resume. Why IBD. Know your resume back to front and know the simple things such as DCF back to front......... .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through dcf, and market questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

The entire interview was behavioral. I was asked a lot about how much time things on my resume took up, why I wanted to do banking, why I wanted to work there specifically, what location I preferred, ect. No brain teasers or difficult behavioral though, all conversational which was nice

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why BAML, why investment banking   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

laid back, tough questions, analyst and associate. 30 minute interview, alot of fit question but technical questions as well. typical banking interview questions that you can find in guides.

first called me to tell me about my interview, then sent me an email confirming the interview.

waiting for the next round of interviews, which should be next week.

Interview Questions

• what happens to the 3 statements when depreciation goes up by $10   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a first round on campus (behavioral) and then was called for the superday interviews in New York. Superday was again behavioral and technical questions. Interviewers were very friendly and the process was quite engaging. Questions were basic fit questions and the technicals were the standard as well nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied for the minority sophomore program through campus recruiting. It was one accelerated super day in New York office. Applied late December, and got interview notification in early Jan. Actual super day in Feb. Met one VP, one MD. Mostly behavioral, a few technical questions. Talked about why BAML, why banking, walk me through resume, interesting deals/trends, questions on my own experiences on the resume

Interview Questions

• Two companies both trade at $25. Which one is more expensive?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's career site but there was a problem with the system so they did not get my application so I talked to recruiter directly and got a phone interview with senior management in NYC scheduled immediately.

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral questions. Went in depth into the experiences listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. The interviews were manageable for the most part, while some were difficult. The team I met with was knowledgable and professional, but I imagine some of the other candidates were more qualified than I was.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Great hiring process - hosted networking sessions, training on the street to get to know candidates and then brought in six to eight candidates for superdays at a time. Interview was great, met with most people at the office, all very friendly and down to earth. Very diverse and friendly group.

Interview Questions

• How does deferred tax allowance affect the three statements?   Answer Question