Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

NON - TARGET Wanted to emphasis this since I went through the application process coming from a non target school. you have to be recommended or know the recruiter in order to be considered.

First round: Over the phone, will be paired with someone in the group you're interviewing for (in my position is was someone in M&A). First 20 minutes was purely technicals, the rest was basic fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain accretion and dilution modeling (merger model)
    Walk me through an LBO
    Why does a company buy another one (wanted the most basic answer)
    Cost synergies and revenue synergies
    After about 20 minutes of techincals had basic behaviorals, no brain teasers
    Why BAML
    Walk me through a time you showed leadership
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university and got an invitation to the first round interview within 5 days.
    Interview was done at their office with one associate and one analyst.
    It was a first round interview but everything was technical. They didn't ask any behavioral questions.
    It was a fast process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Great process.It was first phone screen then in person. Very helpful people. Spoke with analyst and MD. Went over my background and mainly things on my resume. Why IBD. Know your resume back to front and know the simple things such as DCF back to front......... .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through dcf, and market questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the mid of October. I did the online test and after 2 weeks around I received the telephone interview, I was interviewed by a senior analyst. It took around 20 minutes. Asked about motivation questions and technical questions. I waited for almost 1 month after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

They don't recruit at my school, so I applied online and got a phone screen first-round. 2 weeks later they flew me up to the New York office for a superday which lasted ~90 minutes. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions. I heard back the next morning and got my offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the beta of the healthcare sector?   Answer Question
    • If a company takes out $100 million of debt and uses it all to finance a stock buyback, how does it affect the 3 financial statements both now and a year in the future?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus system and was chosen for a 1hr phone interview (30 minutes with 2 different associates)
    One guy was very nice and personable and the technicals he asked were difficult but he was supportive even when I missed the one I missed
    The next guy was very intense about proving why I deserved to work there and asked me about recent deals I had followed and what I thought about them and why. I should have prepared for that more by looking more in depth at deals

Interview Questions

• First associate was straight technical questions for 30 minutes, some much harder than others. Second Associate was mainly why investment banking and why BAML questions combined with why I think I am qualified to work there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The process is rigorous with a big focus on the fundamental finance interview questions. Fit questions are equally important, so don't forget to practice those. Vault guides were sufficient in learning the concepts but I would definitely practice with a friend to make sure you understand the variations of each question.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my university webpage. Two weeks after I applied I was called for one on one interviews and phone interview with the local team (3 analysts, 1 VP). The second round were only phone interviews with senior associates working in the Latam team in New York.

All interviews have the following format: "Tell me about yoursel" (resume, why investment banking? why BofA?), brainteasers ("How many cabs are in Bogota?"), accounting questions and valuation fundamentals ("Walk me through a DCF", "How do you calculate WACC") and cross-border valuation ("How to calculate WACC in emerging markets?").

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I received the interview through on campus recruiting. I received an email from an employee shortly after congratulating me, which seemed a bit strange. The interview was one on one with an associate who was extremely hard to relate to. Barely asked any behavioral or fit questions, all he seemed to care about was my technical knowledge. Interview only lasted about 20 minutes because I don't think I answered his technical questions well enough.

Interview Questions

• If a company with a higher EPS purchases a company with a lower EPS, what happens to the purchaser's EPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

A few phone screenings followed by on sight final round. Final round consisted of interviewing with 6 different people that were part of the group I was interviewing for ranging from analyst to MD. Some questions were technical but mostly behavioral.