Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2017

3.1

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Very unprofessional and did not know what questions to ask me. They flew me to nyc after a terrible over the phone interview... i have no idea why they did that.
make sure you know simple valuation techniques. I did not get an brain teasers and everything was either fit or simple technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On Campus Interview - Extremely hostile, all technical questions and nothing that studied fit. Not a generalist banking overview - mainly focused on leveraged finance. Bad communication both before and after actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Solve Bond related questions with changing scenarios during interview   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

This was for HK. The usual first second round on phone, then final round to US.
    Did not get a very good impression of the bank. Interviewed with 4-5 people in the final round. There was one guy who asked all technicals. I did not get a sense of why BoA is better than any other banks on the street in HK.

Application

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Great hiring process - hosted networking sessions, training on the street to get to know candidates and then brought in six to eight candidates for superdays at a time. Interview was great, met with most people at the office, all very friendly and down to earth. Very diverse and friendly group.

Interview Questions

• How does deferred tax allowance affect the three statements?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Two interviews through on campus recruiting. Standard investment banking guide questions: walk through your resume, walk through a DCF, how 10 dollars in depreciation expense affects the statements. I think my interview might have been easer than most because I didn't end up having a final round, and I was only interviewed by analysts, both of whom I had met previously at networking events.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. The interviews were manageable for the most part, while some were difficult. The team I met with was knowledgable and professional, but I imagine some of the other candidates were more qualified than I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview (1st round) and most of the questions were behavioral. I submitted my resume and cover letter applying for IBD summer analyst through our university's career portal and heard back from Bank of America two weeks after my submission. An associated conducted first round phone interview with me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2007.

Interview

Bank of America has target schools for investment banking recruiting - and my college was NOT one of them. They also have a non-target recruiting process, and to be included in it, you need to be referred by an employee. I went through this process and had a first round phone interview. Once accepting, I sat on this committee, so I know from experience that for first round non-target interviews, each interviewer speaks with 6-8 candidates, of which they can select one to advance to the Super Day. Super Day interviews are standard across Wall Street firms...you meet with 5-8 people (usually a 1-1, sometimes there are two interviewers at once) for ~ 3 hours. You get a small break somewhere during the process so that all six or so interviews are not in a row. After the interviews, all interviewers from a pod (a pod is a group of 5-8 candidates - all candidates in a pod meet with the same interviewers) get together around a table and choose their favorite candidates. Since hiring is by industry or product group, you will almost definitely be hired into one of the groups you met a representative from.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Standard I-banking analyst offer.