Bank of America Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.1

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

A few phone screenings followed by on sight final round. Final round consisted of interviewing with 6 different people that were part of the group I was interviewing for ranging from analyst to MD. Some questions were technical but mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university and got an invitation to the first round interview within 5 days.
    Interview was done at their office with one associate and one analyst.
    It was a first round interview but everything was technical. They didn't ask any behavioral questions.
    It was a fast process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was through campus recruiting so took around 2 weeks - first round was phone interview, second round was Super Day that consisted of 5 in-person interviews.

As an undergraduate interviewing, questions were mostly geared towards behavioral questions. Also, since I don't come from a financial background, they didn't ask me too many technical questions so as long as you know the basic accounting / DCF then you are fine.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Standard accounting and fit questions. Depends on the interviewer but BAML is pretty much focused on personality fit. They were very interested in my previous summer internships. It was easy to navigate the interview towards what I wanted to talk about.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

NON - TARGET Wanted to emphasis this since I went through the application process coming from a non target school. you have to be recommended or know the recruiter in order to be considered.

First round: Over the phone, will be paired with someone in the group you're interviewing for (in my position is was someone in M&A). First 20 minutes was purely technicals, the rest was basic fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain accretion and dilution modeling (merger model)
      Walk me through an LBO
      Why does a company buy another one (wanted the most basic answer)
      Cost synergies and revenue synergies
      After about 20 minutes of techincals had basic behaviorals, no brain teasers
      Why BAML
      Walk me through a time you showed leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview (1st round) and most of the questions were behavioral. I submitted my resume and cover letter applying for IBD summer analyst through our university's career portal and heard back from Bank of America two weeks after my submission. An associated conducted first round phone interview with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Great process.It was first phone screen then in person. Very helpful people. Spoke with analyst and MD. Went over my background and mainly things on my resume. Why IBD. Know your resume back to front and know the simple things such as DCF back to front......... .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through dcf, and market questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Networked at several BAML events - e.g. Emerging Women
    First round on the phone with one other person
    Second round in New York with three back-to-back interviews. Each interview had two interviewers

Interview Questions

• Why BAML?
      Walk us through the three financial statements
      Tell us about a stock you're following
      Why are you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in July 2016.

Interview

This phone interview was very behavioral. They asked me to walk me through my resume and to describe why I want to do investment banking. They asked me about my interested and my school courses

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the mid of October. I did the online test and after 2 weeks around I received the telephone interview, I was interviewed by a senior analyst. It took around 20 minutes. Asked about motivation questions and technical questions. I waited for almost 1 month after the interview.