Bank of America Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

3.1

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

2 Rounds, phone screen then super day. A "superday" is usually used in reference to final round interviews for an incoming analyst class at an investment bank. The day usually entails anywhere from 5-20 interviews for multiple hours. Mine was 3 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to a networking session and then received a first round video interview invitation. I answered five different pre-recorded questions on personality/ behavioral related areas. The questions were pretty standard behaviorals and with some preparation, I was able to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to put the goals of the team over your personal ones?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I recruited on campus for the summer analyst position. I got a first round interview which was an online video interview. I didn't get a superday. The office filled their spots early.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview where an current IB asks you behavioral questions to see if you are capable of meeting their requirements. Supposedly, you're supposed to hear back within weeks but I don't think you get any notification that you weren't selected.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe one thing you had to work with a teammate that wasn't cooperating with you?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I applied online and within a few weeks got selected for an interview. It was a typical first round phone screen then if you selected you would go straight to a super day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, a few questions about certain things on my resume, basic technical questions, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

For the first round, we were interviewed by an alumna. There was a super day shortly after that. The interviews were a mix of group and 1:1. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. Not too bad overall.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and through campus recruiting. I had a first round phone interview followed by a Superday in New York a week later.

I really liked all of the people I spoke to at the firm prior to my interviews. My college's alumni were all very willing to help answer my questions and help me prepare me for the Superday.

My interviewers were great and all of the conversations felt very natural. BofAML really cares about getting to know their applicants during their interviews, especially those from liberals arts backgrounds who may have less technical training. If you come from a strong liberal arts background, your interviewers are more likely to ask you detailed questions about your background and experiences on your resume.

I could not be happier to work at BofAML this summer. When I received my offer, it felt like the best day of my life!

Interview Questions

• I see you have a lot of experience in X field and are a very qualified candidate. Why would you settle for Bank of America Merrill Lynch when you could work at a place like Z firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in the NYC office. Travel/hotel all paid for. Smooth process however late notice of invitation to super day. MD talked down and was not easy to speak with.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

took 2 weeks did the hirevue then superday. Mostly behavior with a few technical. Heard back within a week about the superday. HR was super responsive. Hotel and air paid for

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Very professional and kind. 2 behaviorals and 1 technical. People seemed to want to know more about you. Each interviewer had a different style, but the interviews turned into somewhat of a conversation.