Bank of America Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pennington, NJ).

Interview

Was reached out within a day of applying for role by HR recruiter to come in for interview. Went in for 30 minute interview. Followed up with HR to see if i'm under consideration and no response. Also followed up with hiring manager and received no response.

If a company doesn't have any respect for you and just ignores you, is this the place you want to work for? How hard is it to email the candidate a generic message thanking them for their time and notifying them that they weren't a good fit instead of ignoring them.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did in your last. Why do you want to work in BOA?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was two interviews. One with Recruiter and another with the Consumer Market Manager. Have to be ready to role play different scenarios, and know information on the Bank policies and challenges.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an employee that is not making their referral goals?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an irate customer who just got overdraft fees?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

I received an initial email with a list of questions to answer and, once answered, set up an interview time. The interview was with a panel of people. It took about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had to wait. Then the interview was 2 hours. Repetitive questions. Not a company looking for work life balance. Not very organized. Same questions over an over very boring interview

Interview Questions

• Not very organized all over the place   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Tough questions around leadership and goals. Ability to manage and develop a team. They look for a lot of sales experience. Lots of questions around the process in mind for exceeding goals. You will go through about 3-4 interview before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• What is more important operations or sales? What is first priority and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

it was a normal interview. had questions that most employers want to know about. interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease. believe they have a set of standard questions that are discussed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an employee issue to resolve   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Job description and requirements were discussed in detail. Impressed with the overall process. Made an offer with in 5days. Bank of America is a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Still waiting to hear outcome. Interviews went very well. However, HR & recruiting are very slow and mixed up. Several mis-communications.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview

I was being considered for a management position over my current peers. The interviewer had a history of hiring from outside of our group and had a perception that a person moved up within the peer group would not be respected and would not succed in management. Other positions I'd applied for in other units, the managment had the perception that they must reward those they've helped to succeed and they did hire from within their unit. A person being considered should develop questions for their interviewer that would help them to determine what that interviewer believes are important for the job, then try to adapt to those beliefs with their experiences and/ or change their opinion with examples from their own experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when a coworker strongly disagreed with you and you changed their opinion.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview

Interview started with a screening by an in-house recruiter. This was followed by an interview with an HR professional. The HR professional then decides whether or not to move you forward and do a phone interview with the hiring managers. In my case the process ended with the phone interview with the hiring managers. In my case I pulled out after the phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager appeared to be unprepared for the interview and had an inability to answer questions about the growth potential of the position