Bank of America Merchant Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.5

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services (Richmond, VA).

Interview

applied online, took assessment of online, had a phone interview and 2 face to face interviews. was emailed after the 3rd interview that I got the job. started within 2 weeks of the offer.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview processSimple, direct to the point. The recruiters are very nice and they try to do their best to go as fast as possible. Awesome team!

Interview Questions

• regular questions. Nothing trick   1 Answer

Vice President, Finance Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

Interview

Very long process. Had eight interviews. There were two individuals I met with on multiple occasions. Had face to face, phone and virtual interviews. Had phone interview with boss but was rather insistent on having a virtual interview. Not quite sure how seeing me should finalize the decision.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How would your team describe your style?   1 Answer
    • Name three of your strengths   1 Answer
    • Everybody has weaknesses, whether they recognize them or want to admit. In your opinions what would be your weaknesses and what have you do to improve them   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

It was a very easy interview process it didn't take very long after hiring I was able to get right in and pass all the background. I did my interview over the phone first and after that I had a Skype interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

Interview

Applied for many positions stating not qualified for but i was in the process of acquiring a written offer, go figure???1 phone interview to check to see if i was interested then a 2nd phone interview for about 10-15 minutes vague questions. 3rd interview was a face to face then about a 2 week process endured first a notification i was chosen a week later then received offer letter in week 2. So all in all 4 weeks, then a gap of another 4 weeks to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time and how you handle an irate customer, how did you handle it? What would you do if you and a teammate had a collusion on a lead/client, what steps would you take to resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The offices were right near uptown, so a really great location. It was definitely a corporate experience. I met individually with the HR manager, a consultant and the hiring manager. All nice, however I felt like they were only concerned with filling the position and not really about personal fit within the company or personal development. I'm sure a great group of people, but overall, neutral about the experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services in February 2016.

Interview

easy and quick, call from recruiter after a week of applying online. Afte that a personality quiz was done . A week later an email to set up an interview call with VP and Sales manager .this interview lasted an hour but was very insightful and straight to the point. After a day an offer letter was emailed from recruiter along with a verbal soft offer then background check. Whole process was less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated due to past experience upfront on interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Original phone screen was done by a recruiter. Got a call a week later from the regional VP to discuss the position and got asked some basic questions. Got a call a week after that from the regional VP's supervisor and was basically asked the same question. All standard behavioral interview questions. Got a call a week after that from the regional AVP and a sales member. They asked about my work history and what I knew about merchant service products. Face to face meeting the next day with the same AVP to discuss the position more in-depth. Received a call 3 days later from the original recruiter with a job offer. Background check took over a week to complete. All employees I talked to had a great attitude, were easy to contact, and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. They tell you he salary and comp plan, which is decent. You accept, you get hired.

Application

Interview

contacted by Human Resources via phone, very basic questions and then they with schedule Phone screening , local manager - Boston MA next resulted in a one on one with manager, then phone interview with regional management. Overall professional experience.

Interview Questions

• basic sales questions, and behavioral   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process took 4 weeks total and was the basic process. First, a phone interview followed by an in person interview with the area manager, last interview was with the market manager.