Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

I met with two managers in the loan department together. This was a little intimidating to me, but I was okay. They explained a lot about what is expected of a loan officer at Bank of America, then they asked me some questions about why I am wanting to work at their bank. They did not go over salary/bonus/commission pay. They said we would cover that in the second meeting.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to be a loan officer at Bank of America.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Groveland, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Groveland, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume and received call from regional manager to a face to face interview. Interview was a lot of information on the position, questions on my background. Manager was going to recommend me to recruiting. I received call later that day and had a phone interview and an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on my background, why did I get into mortgages etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Naperville, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed first via telephone. Then scheduled a f2f interview which was rescheduled multiple times. i had to continually follow up with the hiring manager. Once interviewed it was not complicated. Typical interview within the mortgage banker community.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bank of America   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lots of promises, make tons of money, you will have ton of support, real estate agents will want to business with you because of all the bank customers. Technology is great. You just originate and processors will take it from there. Take a good application and get a few up front documents.

Interview Questions

• He sold you on Bank of America. Basic questions. Hire people experience and like to hire personal bankers from the branches . Like them young, hungry, desperate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Set up via e-mail. Recruiter explained role and commission plan. Also explained duties and expectations. I explained my experience and inquired on number of branches assigned as well as how long it take to close loans.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Met with manager multiple times and was asked about past performance and experience in industry, then had to send in last my 2 yrs W-2's and sales figures to support it.

Interview Questions

• How many loans do you close a month? What's your average loan size?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Group Interview to start and then we went for individual interviews with manager. You then rotated and spoke with a different manager. That was the second in person phase. It starts with a phone interview. They tell you about the position and you go over relevant work experience from your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer just calling in for a rate. It ended up in a short role play to demonstrate how I would handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a joke and I would have expected much more from a company this size. The interview was run by me not the meek timid manager that was supposed to be interviewing me..... But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The manager told me of a base salary figure and then a recruiter called with an offer that was lower. After I told her that I needed to think about it I got a call from another manager who told me he was calling to "finish" the interview. I asked him do you realize I've already been offered the position by the HR recruiter he said yes I just wanted to ask you some other questions so he did and I proceeded to ask about the base pay again. He then told me the recruiter was wrong and that the pay was actually higher he also added that if I had further questions to call him that the recruiter didn't really have Insight into the position. I then told the recruiter I accept the position then she sends me the offer letter again with the lower amount. I asked what was going on with the offer and why I was being offered less than what the manager quoted. She said I talked to him and he states he never told you that. I was able to tell her the hourly rate to the penny he offered and she stated again that it was her offer that mattered and a manager at his level shouldn't have been quoting salary. Needless to say I told them where they could shove their offer since our relationship had begun with lies and deception. Bank of America do yourself a favor and clean house within the management team in Jacksonville FL maybe your customer reviews of how horrible your service is will improve if you get rid of the lying car salesman types you have running the place because if they are lying to new hires how do you think they are treating your customers?

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions just the guy saying I think you'll be a "great fit". They are obviously just trying to hire bodies. I asked him more questions than he asked me   Answer Question

See my information relating to the interview process but basically I was lied to by the onsite management team about the base pay and I am not interested I working for liars.... If this is how things start how will they be once hired? Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere this company touts the position as a $75k job then tells you for the first four months you'll be working for $14/HR.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview then an second in person interview with the HLM and MLO that I would be working with directly, they were responsive to all questions and very honest about the challenges for someone people new to the Mortgage Industry like myself.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with customers in a clienteling capacity?
      What do you consider excellent service?
      How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It is a phone interview then either a one on one or panel interview. It’s fun ‘cause they will put do a scenario and you will have to tell them what you are going to do

Interview Questions

• It was fun. They jus ask basic questions of a job interview you can Google such as where do you see yourself five year from now or what are you going to do with an irate customer. Very easy questions you can already answer before the day of the interview.   1 Answer