Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.2

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Interview

online, called in meet with 2 managers....interview questions formatted for mgmnt

Interview Questions

• questions pertaining to mortgages   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter, once she screen me and saw I was a great fit, she referred my resume to the manager. My interview was setup through my recruiter, once I had the interview I found out I had the job. The process was very smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• Trying to maintain the loans pipeline, and making sure you meet the guidelines required by boa.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the recruiter reached back out to me after the interview, she asked me how it went and how I felt about the job was for me. After I stated the job was for me, she offered me the job and sent me a offer letter.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a month later. They can be slow.

Interview Questions

• All questions were really straight forward, specially if you are in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I asked for a certain amount and they declined and said: our maximum is X. I am sure all positions are different though.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was hired by someone I had worked with in the past. I forwarded my resume, had a brief interview and was offered a position. The position had to be approved by upper management which did take a couple of months. However, once I received an offer letter and accepted, everything went quickly.

Negotiation

Just got the standard offer letter - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I was referred through someone else. I had an excellent reputation in the field. However, I was expected to utilize my own contacts right away.I was promised a plentiful lead source via Bank of America and add my book to that. Knowing this industry, I explained that I would not bring my clients in until I got something closed through them from them. It never happened.

Interview Questions

• My interview was atypical in that I was sought out by them, a friend referred me to management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a joke and I would have expected much more from a company this size. The interview was run by me not the meek timid manager that was supposed to be interviewing me..... But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The manager told me of a base salary figure and then a recruiter called with an offer that was lower. After I told her that I needed to think about it I got a call from another manager who told me he was calling to "finish" the interview. I asked him do you realize I've already been offered the position by the HR recruiter he said yes I just wanted to ask you some other questions so he did and I proceeded to ask about the base pay again. He then told me the recruiter was wrong and that the pay was actually higher he also added that if I had further questions to call him that the recruiter didn't really have Insight into the position. I then told the recruiter I accept the position then she sends me the offer letter again with the lower amount. I asked what was going on with the offer and why I was being offered less than what the manager quoted. She said I talked to him and he states he never told you that. I was able to tell her the hourly rate to the penny he offered and she stated again that it was her offer that mattered and a manager at his level shouldn't have been quoting salary. Needless to say I told them where they could shove their offer since our relationship had begun with lies and deception. Bank of America do yourself a favor and clean house within the management team in Jacksonville FL maybe your customer reviews of how horrible your service is will improve if you get rid of the lying car salesman types you have running the place because if they are lying to new hires how do you think they are treating your customers?

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions just the guy saying I think you'll be a "great fit". They are obviously just trying to hire bodies. I asked him more questions than he asked me   Answer Question

See my information relating to the interview process but basically I was lied to by the onsite management team about the base pay and I am not interested I working for liars.... If this is how things start how will they be once hired? Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere this company touts the position as a $75k job then tells you for the first four months you'll be working for $14/HR.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lots of promises, make tons of money, you will have ton of support, real estate agents will want to business with you because of all the bank customers. Technology is great. You just originate and processors will take it from there. Take a good application and get a few up front documents.

Interview Questions

• He sold you on Bank of America. Basic questions. Hire people experience and like to hire personal bankers from the branches . Like them young, hungry, desperate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lancaster, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Explain your previous experience and how it is applicable to the role your would like to fill. Discuss your goals in the position your seeking and what you expect of the position.

Negotiation

Pay, do not leave it to the recruiter to be fair they will low ball you. Always say what you want, I knew someone who got 10$ and hour for a job that was for 12-15.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

The on boarding and hiring was relatively painless. The hr department was on top of things.

It was low then I countered and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Pretty Easy.......initial conversation with HR, two face to face interviews with two different managers. Standard questions in each and nothing unusual in either interview. Both asked comparable questions, most likely they compared answers so as long as you explained your history and background and why they should hire you for the position you would most likely pass each one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

With HR over the phone not in person, a little room to negotiate income but not much.