Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Daly City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Simple process, phone screen, on-site interview. Everyone was very gracious and I felt like I had all the information I needed to make the right decision. The leadership is very polished.

Interview Questions

• - What is your best accomplishment?
    - What is your biggest failure?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Set up via e-mail. Recruiter explained role and commission plan. Also explained duties and expectations. I explained my experience and inquired on number of branches assigned as well as how long it take to close loans.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lots of promises, make tons of money, you will have ton of support, real estate agents will want to business with you because of all the bank customers. Technology is great. You just originate and processors will take it from there. Take a good application and get a few up front documents.

Interview Questions

• He sold you on Bank of America. Basic questions. Hire people experience and like to hire personal bankers from the branches . Like them young, hungry, desperate.   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Met with manager multiple times and was asked about past performance and experience in industry, then had to send in last my 2 yrs W-2's and sales figures to support it.

Interview Questions

• How many loans do you close a month? What's your average loan size?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Group Interview to start and then we went for individual interviews with manager. You then rotated and spoke with a different manager. That was the second in person phase. It starts with a phone interview. They tell you about the position and you go over relevant work experience from your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer just calling in for a rate. It ended up in a short role play to demonstrate how I would handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a joke and I would have expected much more from a company this size. The interview was run by me not the meek timid manager that was supposed to be interviewing me..... But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The manager told me of a base salary figure and then a recruiter called with an offer that was lower. After I told her that I needed to think about it I got a call from another manager who told me he was calling to "finish" the interview. I asked him do you realize I've already been offered the position by the HR recruiter he said yes I just wanted to ask you some other questions so he did and I proceeded to ask about the base pay again. He then told me the recruiter was wrong and that the pay was actually higher he also added that if I had further questions to call him that the recruiter didn't really have Insight into the position. I then told the recruiter I accept the position then she sends me the offer letter again with the lower amount. I asked what was going on with the offer and why I was being offered less than what the manager quoted. She said I talked to him and he states he never told you that. I was able to tell her the hourly rate to the penny he offered and she stated again that it was her offer that mattered and a manager at his level shouldn't have been quoting salary. Needless to say I told them where they could shove their offer since our relationship had begun with lies and deception. Bank of America do yourself a favor and clean house within the management team in Jacksonville FL maybe your customer reviews of how horrible your service is will improve if you get rid of the lying car salesman types you have running the place because if they are lying to new hires how do you think they are treating your customers?

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions just the guy saying I think you'll be a "great fit". They are obviously just trying to hire bodies. I asked him more questions than he asked me   Answer Question

See my information relating to the interview process but basically I was lied to by the onsite management team about the base pay and I am not interested I working for liars.... If this is how things start how will they be once hired? Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere this company touts the position as a $75k job then tells you for the first four months you'll be working for $14/HR.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I was referred through someone else. I had an excellent reputation in the field. However, I was expected to utilize my own contacts right away.I was promised a plentiful lead source via Bank of America and add my book to that. Knowing this industry, I explained that I would not bring my clients in until I got something closed through them from them. It never happened.

Interview Questions

• My interview was atypical in that I was sought out by them, a friend referred me to management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview then an second in person interview with the HLM and MLO that I would be working with directly, they were responsive to all questions and very honest about the challenges for someone people new to the Mortgage Industry like myself.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with customers in a clienteling capacity?
      What do you consider excellent service?
      How do you handle stressful situations?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

It wasn't that hard since I did have a few years experience. They asked me if I was willing to relocate and take other positions as options. They wanted to know what drives and why do I work so hard and what for? How long I would like to stay with the company if things worked out?

Interview Questions

• How would I procure new business and what methods would I use? How long would it take me to be up to 10 deals per month? Do I hold presentations now? Where do I see myself in 5 years time and how would I get there? What is my main inspiration in life and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Recruited by managers, go in for interview, get offered you can't resist with a commitment of at least 1 year of service. Get a phone interview for screening. Get a call from HR and email to present the offer. You have to do drug test and credit check prior to starting.

Interview Questions

• How would you bring in the business when the market is dry?   Answer Question