Bank of America Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Communication has been prompt and thorough. Interview times available were limited but happy to reschedule to get the interview. Applied online and received a phone interview. Followup call requested a one on one interview. Interview process was followed with a visual of work area. Still waiting on followup call since one on one but it has only been one week.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about experience level relating to different types of loans and products. Volume of business and production of mortgage team.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was an internal hire moving from a different position. I had the interview with someone who I was already familiar with and it felt casual and comfortable. I moved from loan processing to underwriting.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with making decisions on a loan using your own discretion?   1 Answer
    • How would you help a loan processor and sales understand the conditions you are adding to an application?   1 Answer
    • What underwriters who you currently work with do you not enjoy working with and why?   1 Answer
    • What underwriters who you currently work with do you enjoy working with and why?   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Had one face to face interview. The process was easy. I interviewed with the Underwriting Manager. She came from Florida. The questions were average. It was a fun interview. I was already an employee with the bank so I was a little familiar with the manager already.

Negotiation

I interviewed with the underwriting manager. She came from Florida to interview all of the candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Farmington, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Very friendly staff, spoke about my background and what motivates me. They asked me who referred me to this job and why I wanted to work for Bank of America. They asked about my family and if they motivate me. Offered me the job on spot

Interview Questions

• They asked if I am a people person   1 Answer

Got an offer for another company.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter located in California. I went to the interview a few minutes late. I knew at that time that I did not have the job. The lady that interviewed me was nice and polite and interviewed me anyway. She then told me that she was from California herself.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions for me. I had been on a few interviews at that time and was used to them. But just to list one, I would have to say the question about tell me your weaknesses. I really hate that one. I use a different reason all the time.   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Interview

2 managers -panel. Basic questions for example why you would like this position and what ethics means to you . Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that you were not sure about it and how did you overcome it . Tell me what type of pipeline can you handle. What are your strength. Before interview you had to take a rest . About 30-40 questions about appraisal , title , income ...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience... Tell me if you have self employed borrow what type of documents will III need   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX).

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiter then had an initial interview with the team manager then a second interview with the vp of the department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sunrise, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone. The questions I answered were scenario questions dealing with credit analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It went my way so it was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Laid Back, as I was already an employee there and was interviewing for a promotion from Processor to Underwriter. I already knew the interviewer. We went over my history and difference scenarios

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Oakland, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick. The manager talked more than I did. She was just basically telling me how the dept. run and what to expect next.