Bank of America Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Bank of America Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and about 2 days later I got an email to take an assessment, after that I got a call from the recruiter, they informed me that I passed and I did a like. 20 min phone interview and then I had to meet the manager for my area, then it took about 3 weeks to get everything back I had to do fingerprints and a ASI.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online as part of the Campus Program. Got an email to take an online assessment, which takes about 45 minutes. It was a lot of situational questions regarding customer interactions. You also have to know a little bit of finance information to answer some of the questions. Then got invited to do a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter explained the program to me, my leadership/work experience, and how I interact with others. With upcoming college graduates, they're looking for people who have that people experience and can learn finance quickly during the training process. After that, I was flown to the financial center location that I had preferenced, interviewed with two Market Sales Managers, then flew back home that same day. They asked about how I handle being under pressure, what my dream job/goals were, etc.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Series of phone interviews w writing sample request. There were 5-6 separate 30min to one hour interviews with senior staff. Questions were mixture of business and technical. Then there were some tests administered to gain better understanding of skills.

Interview Questions

• What are yor strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with an recruiter who set me up with their client. They called to give me the interview date. I Spoke with Ms. Santo, and another employee.

Interview Questions

• To go over my experience as an admin.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The online application was long, lots of questions and screens to go through. An HR representative is the middle-man between you and the hiring manager. Easy interview and quick turn-around for offer/response. Started shortly after accepting position and no issue with 2 weeks notice for previous job. They are very thorough with the background screening process because it's the banking industry. Provide honest responses and you'll be fine. Fair benefits offered within 30 days. Great place for expecting mothers and fathers for maternity/paternity leave.

Senior Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with five people over three days shuffling between three buildings on a hot NY day. Two of the three interviews were useless as conversations veered, for way too long a time, from the actual functional job interview to how I handled a specific situation on my resume.
    Other three interviews were focused on the intended role and all provided me enough time to describe how my background fit the required skill set.

Interview Questions

• Focused on how I would handle a situation rather then the 'what' I would do.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple and usual. They ask you to talk about challenges in your past customer service experiences. What did you do when a customer was angry, if you have worked with any amount of cash before, and how did you deal with that.

Application

Interview

Fair and accommodating. Multiple phone interviews before reaching your final interview with a manager. Experience in interviewing is definitely helpful since they're sending several interview styles your way through out the process

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. Sat down with the other candidates and had questions centered around ourselves, our sales experience, and how we deal with upset clients in our prior jobs.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with unsatisfied clients in your previous job(s)?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The manager mostly asked me questions regarding behavior, cash handling experience, academic history, and purpose -- why Bank of America and not Wells Fargo.
    Additionally, the hiring manager wanted to know if I knew who the CEO of the bank was and what the vision of the bank was. Additionally, she wanted to know if I knew the bank values.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any cash handling experience? If so, where did you gain your experience?   1 Answer
    • Please tell me about your academic history. What are you trying to become?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond to a client that may get angry over a new bank policy that requires extra verification?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Bank of America?   1 Answer