Bank of America Interview Questions in Newark, DE | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.9

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

After you do the online assessment, they contact you via email for an phone interview. After the interview they schedule you to come in to interview with hiring manager and leads of the department. If you pass all of that they call you with an offer and go over anything that they may not have mentioned and will email your offer and steps to start.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE).

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. My first interview was with a floor manager. I lucked out because I was able to do all my interviews the same day. The second interview was with a senior manager. I was called with a decision within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bank of America?
      What are your Long term and short term goals?
      Answer Question

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a few phone interviews. I never had a face to face. The phone interviews were extremely technical. You truly needed to have an outstanding knowledge of the agile framework.

Interview Questions

• Many Technical Questions regarding agile. Many questions regarding the SAFe framework   1 Answer

Business Credit Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE).

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview with two of their managers in the department followed up by a 1-on-1 with the VP of the Department. It was moderately stressful. After going through all of that, we went through like 60 days worth of training to get certified in-house to become lenders. We sat side by side with existing credit analysts to understand what exactly our expectations were too.

Interview Questions

• Why this position? Why should be hire you? How long do you plan on staying? What are some of the things companies look for when they extend credit? How did you do in school? Why Bank of America? There were a few totally irrelevant and unnecessary questions thrown into the mix - nothing hard. Just understand WHY you should be in credit before going to the interview.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst II Back Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel interview. Questions are behavioral. Make sure you have your resume and a performance review from your previous job or employer to show how well your performance was. Interview takes about 30 minutes to complete. First phase is a telephone interview with the recruiter, second phase is the panel interview, and third phase is a interview with the Unit director.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you did something outside your regular work duties.   Answer Question
    • What is something you dislike about your current or previous position.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you had to perform your job with little or no information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Wealth Senior Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in July 2015.

Interview

WAIT for a recruiter to get back to you. Then go to the building where the interview is held and answer some questions. They ask you to wait in the lobby, from my experience the managers that interview you are never on time and hardly prepared. The manager that Interviewed me was on in their position for a year. Very nice and easy to talk to. Was not a hard interview if you are confident.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a weakness about yourself?
      What is your Fraud back ground?
      Answer Question

Senior Fraud Analyst, Wealth Managemeht Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked good and challenging questions. He had a customer based focus and made me feel that they really care about their customers. Also I was impressed with the growth in the segment and the department.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in February 2015.

Interview

.I was a contractor, had a telephone interview with the staffing agency, but first they review my resume, and tested my skills with computer, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3 and the Internet. They also run a background check.

Claims Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on 11/24/14 and received an email about two days later in reference to my availability for a scheduled telephone screening. My screening was scheduled on 12/01/14 and lasted about twenty or so minutes. Towards the end of the screening, the recruiter made an offer to bring me in for a group informational session followed by an one-on-one interview with a hiring manager. My informational session was scheduled on 12/11/14. Like the recruiter said, we had a group informational session about the position, followed by an individual interview. You will know you passed your individual interview because you'll have another interview within minutes directly with the manager of the department. The manager made an unofficial offer towards the end of the interview in which I accepted. The next day the recruiter who telephone screened me made for an official offer and discussed the position.

Questions that I asked during the telephone screening that you should ask: (1) How many openings are there for the position I'm applying for? He told me that was a great question & that there were 16-18 openings for the position. (2) How many informational sessions are scheduled? Again he told me great question.

Questions that I asked during the telephone offering that you should ask: (1) How many applicants were interviewed that day (2) How many applicants were received an offer (3) What exactly did the hiring manager like?

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviews were at the on-campus career services center. There were three 30-minute interviews conducted by upper management members. The process was relatively quick. There was a pre-interview networking reception the night before. The interview went very well and gave me an idea about the role but left me with very little grasp about the culture.