Bank of America Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied for the position on the company's website. Received a call from the HR team about a week later asking me to come in and meet with the hiring manager for the position. The in-person interview was about 30 min long and could have probably been done over the phone. It was pretty much an in-person initial screening. She asked basic walk me through your resume questions and send she was interviewing others so would follow-up the next week. Week passes and no word so I sent an email to follow-up and never got a reply. It's been months and still not even a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

In general, the interview process was pretty relax. I was interviewed by two senior managers, very respectful. The discussion was first about how I heard about the job. Then, I introduce my-self and went over my resume, giving a detail description of all my previous positions. Finally, we talk about my motivations and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the time gaps between your difference positions   2 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The people were very friendly. First talked to the HR recruiter. After scheduled two phone interviews with two different members of the operations area. The interviews were very behaviorally based. All questions either dealt with working in groups or leadership. Asked why bank of america. They also went through technical capabilities

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Process begins with an email instructing the applicant to take an Excel test through a link in the email. If passed, there is an initial phone screen, almost entirely behavioral and very pleasant- interviewer informed me that I would be moving on to an on-site interview at the end of the phone screen. Received an email a few weeks later with a date and time for the on-site interview. Over a month passed between my first and second interviews which wasn't ideal. On-site interview consisted of four half hour interviews with managers, all very casual and still mainly behavioral. Finally, a week later I had a 15 minute phone conversation with two VPs from the department I'd be coming into (presumably just to make sure I could in fact hold a conversation) and received a call informing me that I'd been offered the position an hour later.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

the recruiting process took forever the recruiter took vacation and didn't have a backup. the entire process was very unprofessional and amateurish. not at all what you would expect from a corporation this size. there was no follow up from the recruiter i had to reach out to her multiple times during the process just to keep the ball rolling

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very brief interview. The interview was set up by a recruiter. The recruiter told me all about the person interviewing me. The interview lasted all of 21 minutes. I did not get a follow up call from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years. They asked my job history and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people and each person asked about 5 questions each. Wanted me to share a lot about myself. After the interview, I waited maybe 2 weeks and received a call from BoA HR telling me I have been accepted to join the company and to discuss terms.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle pressure/ time-constraints in your last position?   Answer Question
    • How confident are you of yourself? Scale of 1-10.   Answer Question
    • How well do I know how to do VLookups, Pivot Tables, Excel? Describe how would you do a Pivot table ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how would you handle a situation where you had many tasks to get done at the same time?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I posted as an internal applicant, heard back from recruiter in a few hours, and set up phone interview with recruiter where we talked about what I wanted out of the role. She passed on my resume to hiring manager, and we set an interview day in two days. Heard back within two days, with a firm offer which I expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation whatsoever, offer was higher than I expected it to be.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Received call same day as posting, great interview with manager, overall great experience even with the short notice, received offer 2 hours later. Can't compare to any other process

Interview Questions

• Rating my most difficult experience with the company, hard to compare to posting as it was with another LOB.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I was recruited by a Contracting Company. I was called in on an interview but had worked for the company in the past so I had a leg up on the other canidates.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is always "What are your weaknesses".   2 Answers

Negotiation

Just a simple phone call.