Bank of America Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Quick at taking decision, 3 rounds minimum with HR and operations. Focus on employee retention, skills and experience. Expectations around salary are dealt better. High focus on background verification. Checks all certificates for each semester.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, involves several tests, including a 2 hr long test. 1 hr to review the material, the second hour is series of role play scenarios using the information provided. Behavioral based interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult associate...
      Give me an example of how you managed to coach an associate that wasn't performing...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

Usually three interviews plus human resources interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to change the opinions or minds of senior leaders   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview

I applied on my school's website, and was interviewed by two people. The questions were mainly behavioral questions, and lasted for about 45 minutes. Two questions I remember are tell me about a time you made a wrong decision and what did you do about it? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview w/ recruitor
    Interview with 1:1
    Interview with panel of leaders

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to make a quick decsions and the outcome was not to be determined?   1 Answer
    • Who comes first, second, and third? Shareholder, Customer, or Associte?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Interview

The interview process was conducted via phone and consisted of normal situational questions looking for ways my previous experience would allow me to succeed in the position. The recruiter was extremely friendly and the process felt completely professional then entire time. I received quick feedback after the interview and went straight to the salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which there was a conflict with a supervisor, a peer, and a subordinate and how the situation was resolved.   Answer Question

Salary requirements could not be met for the position offered.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very hard to get an interview. Hiring process is long. Initial position and salary was changed to a lower level

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate up a little in salary since the job title was changed through the process. Beware of empty promises for future increases.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Straightforward behavioral interview. Final round consisted of 3 back-to-back 1:1 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Looking to improve feedback between the associates and managment. Better communications on changes within the organization. Trying to create a more effective environment to ensure retention of valuable employees and ensure opportunities for advancement or education are not missed by the associates. Motivate associates for more than the mininium.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a business decision and a polcy decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were mininmal. Research the basic expectations of the position before you apply and interview. Ask alot of questions at the interviews to ensure no miscommunications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (West Richland, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took about six weeks with two different computer test and one phone call. I feel the company wasted my time. Manager should make determine if the person fits their needs before asking them to get the online test done.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer