Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

314 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

First, there was phone interview that lasted approximately 20-25 minutes. The interview was helpful in answering questions about the company and the position. Next, was an online assessement. After completing these steps I was invited to an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Largo, FL).

Interview

It was based on 3 interviews 2 by phone and in person and it was about 1 hour long each or a little longer. They are very thorough with their questions and you need to be specific with the answers.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a customer service issue?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Phone call, assessment test, face to face interview that had questions on job experience, several what would you do and how would you handle questions, job offer pending background check.

Interview Questions

• There was role playing involved with several "skits"   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Slow and odd. The HR manager was not straight forward with what was expected before you could interview. Beware of the job assessment. Seems to be a high paying job.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Albany, GA).

Interview

Filled out an app. Two weeks later recruiter called and went over a basic phone interview. Was emailed a link to take a test. Once I passed that, met with Branch manager. She wanted to follow up with her DM, met him at the branch with the branch manager. Got drilled pretty hard. Role playing, etc.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in and wanted to open an account, but mentioned that they had other assets somewhere, what questions could you ask to get them to open up about that relationship.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter called with offer later and basically said they came in higher due to my degree

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interviewed with the area manager and bank manager. They were looking for a bilingual speaker so I did my whole interview in Spanish. The area manager was an executive for a Office Depot in Mexico so he really knew the language. If you are going to say you are bilingual, you better know the language.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Application online, got an email to take a test. Mainly to see if you are a seller. HR calls and sets up interview with local district manager. Branch managers no longer do interviews.

Interview Questions

• Let's role play, your the personal banker and I'm the customer. I came in to replace my debit card.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by an interview with the hiring manager. Interview with the hiring manager was really just basic background information followed by all STAR questions - so I would brush up on those and have a few situations ready to be able to call upon. Standard drug testing, background check, and finger printing followed receiving the offer.

Interview Questions

• Sample STAR question was: Describe a situation when you had many projects due at the same time. What steps did you take to get
      them all done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and got a call for the ph interview confirmation. the HR manager called and it was for about 20 mins. were general basic questions. offered the personal interview immediately and received an email of confirmation in nest 10 mins. it was pretty fast. this all happened in 1 week. going for a personal interview tomorrow. i ll see what ll happen?

Interview Questions

• what was your most recent experience with an irritated customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Des Moines, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick coz this bank has a very high turn over rate. Once you submit the application you are required to do an assessment. The assessment consists of a mathematical part which is timed. They will ask simple calculation questions so make sure you have a calculator and a scratch paper. The assessment is 1:30 long so be patient. Once it's complete , you will get an email that it's complete and submitted. Then a recruiter will call you and do a pre screen interview. Once cleared another interview will be set with a branch manager regional manager . Finally the recruiter will inform you of the final decision.