Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

314 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying, a recruiter reaches out to ask you a few questions, if you check out, you move onto in-person interview where most of the time, a branch manager will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this job is for you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 people interviewed me at small room. they asked me some questions that are not relative with job, and few questions about my previous job. they are all nice people that making me comfortable with interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with the Banking Center Manager for dinner and we discussed my experience, my goals, and my expectations. It was a very good interview and I felt as if the Manager was interested in how I might fit into the culture of the company. I did not have previous banking experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

First, there was phone interview that lasted approximately 20-25 minutes. The interview was helpful in answering questions about the company and the position. Next, was an online assessement. After completing these steps I was invited to an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick and effective, they work with in terms of scheduling interviews and are very flexible. They do take their time when it comes interviewing which sometimes is a good thing.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

First call is with the recruiter. Second interview is with the branch manager of the bank, third is with the regional sales manager. The whole process can take 3-4 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called in after submitting my resume to a find that worked for the company. Because of this, I skipped a lot of the process. I was told I had to go to a group interview and it was scheduled, but my offer was submitted before thar date and I was told I didn't need to go to it.

Interview Questions

• If I hadn't had a customer at my desk all day, how would I get one there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep, then met with branch manager for in person interview. Then had final phone interview with a market sales manager. Interviews were around work experience, career goals, what I wanted to get out of the position. Etc etc

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about sales experience, tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it. 5 year plan. Things like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a salary I asked for an extra 2k and they approved it.

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Largo, FL).

Interview

It was based on 3 interviews 2 by phone and in person and it was about 1 hour long each or a little longer. They are very thorough with their questions and you need to be specific with the answers.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a customer service issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Des Moines, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick coz this bank has a very high turn over rate. Once you submit the application you are required to do an assessment. The assessment consists of a mathematical part which is timed. They will ask simple calculation questions so make sure you have a calculator and a scratch paper. The assessment is 1:30 long so be patient. Once it's complete , you will get an email that it's complete and submitted. Then a recruiter will call you and do a pre screen interview. Once cleared another interview will be set with a branch manager regional manager . Finally the recruiter will inform you of the final decision.