Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

314 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied for position on the boa site. Received a phone call from HR about 1 week later. Interviewed with branch manager and CMM 2 weeks later. Started the following month

Interview Questions

• What skills I've developed that will help with this position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

First I was contact by a recruiter the same day i filed the application online, did an assessment test, after passing the assessment test, i received an email for a phone interview with human resource. A week after received an email for a face to face interview with the market director.
    Before the interview I had to do a complete background check paper work requiring 5
    year of previous address and work history. It had me thinking i actually was a good candidate with a final decision. After i went to my face to face interview, the interview went great more like a conversation and talking about the job title and responsibilities, the manager also interviewed me in the branch the same day. And i was told i was going to receive the final decision in two weeks. The next day i received an email telling me I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I feel about selling?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Anaheim, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was asked to interview two weeks after completing my online assessment. I was called by a recruiter who gave me tips and what the managers were looking for. The actual interview was about 30 mins and included the sales market manager and a branch manager. both really attractive which made it a little more nerve wrecking. haha But overall a fairly typical interview, geared towards sales goals and production.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you rate among your peers. ?   1 Answer
    • What is your best sales approach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through a family friend. Was then called by a recruiter, and asked to take a pre employment test. Then spoke with a regional manager in person. Then a 3rd interview on the phone.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to achieve your goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Ask me for role play for people in line and need help for emergency assistant. Knowing about your future plan and go over your resume.you should pass your pre employment quiz. And they will contact you in 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online 2 days later I took the assessment. 1 week after I had an interview with the operations manager recruiter called 1 week later and interviewed with the sales VP a week later I had interview with a sales manager. The managers are very nice they do ask very detailed questions. They are very professional. I'm still waiting to find out if I got the job it's been a little over a week since my last interview . The anticipation is bad. Does anyone know if it's a good thing it's taking this long? I really like BOA..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer expectations? Why Bank of America? Tell me about a time you gave great customer service?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview followed by a face to face interview with the branch manager about a week and half later. Finally two week after or maybe a little longer I got a call from the recruiter for another interview with the marketing manager. BOA is going through changes so the whole interview process took me one month waiting in between all the interviews.

Interview Questions

• - Why BOA?
      - Give me an example where you had a upset customer and how you turned it around?
      - Be PREPARED for a scenario..... Mine was a customer moved from another state and walked into the branch.
      - How would you try to meet your sales goals?
      - What are your long term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I originally applied with Bank of America back in October 2015. Did it online and a recruiter called me and did a phone interview. I guess she felt I was more operational than sales and decided not to move me into the interview round. I was not happy; so i decided to mail a cover letter and resume to the open BOA personal banker positions in Atlanta. One of the branch managers called me and said employment application can only be done online; I explained the situation listed above. She said she will pass my resume along to the Marketing Sales Manager. A few days later, a recruiter called me and did a quick phone interview. Felt impressed and she said she will contact the Marketing Sales Manager to set up an interview. The recruiter called me on a Friday, had the interview on the following Wednesday. At first, I felt that thought the manager might have thought of me as more operational but as the interview proceeded, I gave her my best qualities and my experience in retail banking. Did a role play and I even used one of BOA's products ans services. I didn't know how I did in the interview so I emailed her a thank you message a few days after since she was going to be out of the office. About a week later, the recruiter called and said the manager was impressed and they offered me the personal banker position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Bank of America?   1 Answer
    • What type of activities did you do during any of your employment to conjure up sales?   1 Answer
    • Prepare for a role play. I was given some information about a hypothetical customer. Also gave me a printout of the info. Was given 5 minutes to think of how to talk to the customer; how to provide them customer service. Look for any clues that may lead to conversation about BOA products. I thought it was helpful to learn of BOA products prior to the interview since i used one in the role play.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I had two interviews both by phone. Normally there are three but they skipped one and the second was changed to a phone interview after a conflict of schedule. Fairly basic questions. They wanted to know strengths and weaknesses. They asked about how you exceeded customer expectations with a client. Previous work history and why I left each job.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was all about sales. They didn't care if I had any financial background or education. Nothing was relevant outside of sales. Overall if you are comfortable with sales then the interview should be easy.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me anything in this office? Okay, tell me why I need this item. Sell it to me.   1 Answer