Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was simple. The position opened at my old branch and my manager wanted me for the job role. I already knew I would get it but I still had to do a phone interview with Our consumer market manager. I didn't even have to fill an app online for it!

Interview Questions

• How will you use your previous experience to be more successful in this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday around 2 pm. Got a call Monday Monday for a phone interview the following morning. It was just asking basic questions. About work history sales you've done if your willing to work full time if your not done with school yet if your will to put work first and go part time. In my case no brainier I'm almost done anyways. She then said she would be setting up an interview with the hiring manager at the location I applied at. She ended up emailing me a week later for a job fair. I found a bit unprofessional but it worked out extremely well. I went and attended had the interview with a different branch manager. It went extremely well and said I will hear from him in 7-10 days. I will keep updated on the next process if I get selected. But I believe next is the fingerprinting and I-9 form.

Interview Questions

• What was one sales goal you achieved at your previous employers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Edinburg, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, automatically got notified upon completing the application process for an online assessment and as the other reviews, it takes about 60-90min to complete. This is standard process, you will know if you passed if a recruiter eventually calls you. May take about a month or less, from there if you advance from phone interview, you will proceed to a face to face at the branch location.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview will ask questions regarding your work history, recruiters tend to coach you as you go along to help you succeed in the face to face interview, if you advance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview and now waiting for a face to face interview. The phone interview was fairly easy. Lasted about 30 mins. The reqruiter was very nice and told me that I passed the phone interview and that she will forward my information to the hiring manager for a face to face interview. She also told me that the whole process is 3 interviews and that they do employment and background check and of course a drug test once offered the position and once I've accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not reach your goal at work. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I went to a panel, then they will call each person to the room and start interviewing. I got a phone call a week after to complete the background check. Never heard them back after three weeks that I got phone call to offer me the job

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

Prior to consideration, you must first go through a vetting process. The person who will be hiring has literally nothing to do with this. All the jobs go first to a recruiter who chooses which applicants will complete an assessment.

The assessment is primarily a personality test. It does have one section which addresses recommendations to make with a customer of a certain profile. It is a good idea to read each of the bank offerings, checking, savings, loans, prior to proceeding to the timed test. This way you have a good idea which option to chose for the individual without spending the test time reading about it.

Mostly it is a personality test. That is why it is so strange that the recruiter tells you whether you pass or fail. How on earth can you fail a personality test? The recruiters are a bit too arrogant, but they are a necessary hurdle.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a lot about how much knowledge you have of their products and how willing you are to turn over customers to your associates in other departments.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

Very long time frames to move from one process to another. I was contacted by two different recruiters from the company before speaking to the interviewer. It took six weeks to be contacted by the interviewer. This person and I conducted a phone interview. The interviewer was very abrupt and terse. At one point I thought the call had disconnected. After saying hello a few times, the interviewer came back yelling questions as they did not realize they muted the phone. I was told I would hear from them in another two weeks. That was three weeks ago.

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Extensive interview process. First spoke with the Recruiter, the bank manager, the market manager, and finally the area executive. Mostly phone interviews. Lots of questions but mostly build rapport with the interviewers to ensure success.

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pembroke Pines, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

You interview with 4 to 5 people. there are 2 phone interviews and 2 one on one with market managers and other branch managers. The questions were tough and they would have you roll play different situations and how to resolve them.

Interview Questions

• They make you do a lot of roll play. Sinarios   1 Answer

Negotiation

they offered an amount and i accepted

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then a group interview a few days later with about 3-4 more people and the market managers as interviewers, then a call a few days after from the recruiter with an offer

Interview Questions

• Have you had a position previously where you had sales goals? If so, did you hit 100% or exceed them?   Answer Question