Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

314 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It's a process of three interviews, working your way up through the management tier. Started with a phone interview, then a branch manager interview, then a market leader interview. They each followed the same type of script when asking questions. Skills, experience, personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I was a competitive person?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Took the online assessment and got a job a week later to come in for a group interview. During the group interview they ask all of you questions then see you one by one to interview individually. I asked them at the end of the interview if I got the job and they said yes.

Interview Questions

• Think of a place that you continue to give your business to, why do they keep your business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I saw the job openings on LinkedIn and applied in the beginning of July. In less than a week, a HR professional contacted me and asked me to RSVP for an open house event held in San Francisco. In the open house event you would have the chance to meet top managers (they all have a district, but not DMs), and I had 3 interviews back to back, which took me 1.5-2 hrs. They tried to finish interviewing and get the result within a day, which I found very efficient because I personally hate lengthy interview process. I was told to expect the interview outcomes and possible steps in the next 5-7 business days, but luckily I ended up receiving an email that congregated me on the possible outcome of my interviews, and asked me to take further steps, like background check and assessment. The assessment is a virtual job tour, which I found meaningful and fun to do even though it's time-consuming, took me 1.5-2 hrs. The good thing is it's not timed but you DO need to finish it as soon as possible. In the tour you will have different scenarios with clients and are asked for the best solution. At the end of the assessment there are questions about your personality, just to get to know you better, be honest answering those. After you are done with your background check and assessment, you will need to schedule your fingerprint appointment, complete your I-9 form, log in to on-boarding portal, etc. HR will send you a complete list for action items, make sure you read every single line carefully and check for spam if you don't get the emails. The whole process takes about a month, my start day will be at the end of July or beginning of Aug!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and non stressful an absolute joy speaking with HR and district managers. It was not as difficult as Wells Fargo interview process. Definitely looking forward to being part of Bank of America team.

Interview Questions

• What I previously did? and worked for?
      Why I would like to work for Bank of America?
      Sales experience?
      Customer service experience?
      What I look for?
      What motivates me as an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online July 29th. Did the required assessment test. Next day received call from HR to set up phone interview. Phone interview next day with HR head to give me general info on job requirements and to go over my experience. She said she would set up meeting with Branch Manager . A few days later met with Branch Mgr who was very nice. Asked questions about my previous banking experience. We discussed the PB role and what would be expected. We had a very relaxed and enjoyable discussion that lasted 30 min. He said he would be in touch with his District Mgr to arrange interview between us. Next interview was over the phone and lasted about 15 min. Discussed my background and what they were looking for. Very friendly, positive conversation. I was told that I would receive a call from HIS Sales Mgr. Finally, a call from the
    Big Guy. Very nice, just wanted to get to know me. Discussed how BOA is evolving and what they
    want and need from a PB in the area I was interviewing for. Discussed my experience. This was the longest interview. He basically said everyone liked me, but just wanted him to sign off on it. At end of conversation, he said HR would contact me about salary, start date, etc. Everyone I spoke with was friendly, chatty, and engaging. Not intimidating at all. Job offered August 7th. A lot of steps, but things moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that will make me remember who you are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

i applied online at bank of america website, did an hour long assessment test. waited for about a week or so. recruiter finally called and had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled an appointment with the district manager. district manager immediately told me i was not hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. how did you make your cold calls. Give me an example how did you handle a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if you have the minimum requirements you will get an email with an assessment, if you pass you get a call from the recruiter. If the recruiter finds you a good fit you get to go to a group in person interview. If you pass the interview the recruiter calls you in 2 days, giving you an offer and you can think about it or answer on the spot. There will be 5-8 people interviewing you! Don't get nervous. There was 5 of us being interviewed and 8 people interviewing us. They all have a question, observing you, taking notes and questioning your resume. Like a person got questioned why they wanted to leave their employer after only working for that employer 6 months. They asked me what where my sales goals at my former job. When is time to role play be the first one! Trust me. Study their products and you will nail the role play. The lady person got the hardest scenario. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Daytona Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

interview was your basic sales questions. How are you with people and how where you in your last sales job. Asked questions about different scenarios. Where did I see myself going with the company if hired.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in July 2015.

Interview

Only had one interview with the Regional Director. Interview was at a large corporate office with multiple candidates applying for several positions. Others went through 2 or 3 interviews, so your experience may vary. I applied online spoke to a recruiter on the phone interviewed with the director and got the job offer the following week. Total time to get hired 2 weeks. They do a credit and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

On June 1st I applied online to BOA, which included an online application and also involved doing a lengthy assessment, it took about an hour and a half.

A couple of days later someone from the staffing department contacted me and asked me a few questions about the position I had applied for. When he confirmed that I was still interested in the job he set up a phone interview with a BOA corporate recruiter for the following morning (June 4th).

That interview lasted about 20 minutes, he asked a series of questions about previous work experience, what I have done in the past in certain situations relating to customers, issues and problems. After the questions he told me he would be getting back to me if my results were satisfactory. About ten minutes later he called and said they wanted me to meet with a district manager at a corp office for an in person interview the following morning (June 5th).

I met with the district manager who was very nice and had a great interview with him. He told me he would be getting back to the recruiter and letting me know my next steps. This was very exciting and sounded like great news to me.

On monday the 8th I got an email from the recruiter requesting me to fill out a background check form. I completed it right away. After a few days I didn't hear anything so on June 11th I contacted the recruiter to follow up. He told me he would get back with me either later that day or the next.

He ended up calling me that same afternoon with an offer. I negotiated a little, as I had read other reviews here on Glassdoor where people had successfully negotiated, and so I asked for about 50 cents more per hour. He told me he would submit my request and get back to me. The next day he called back and said that my negotiation was accepted and presented me with the new offer. I accepted. The interview process took 2 weeks before getting a negotiated, accepted offer.

After that I had to consent to another background check and go to a local establishment for fingerprinting, as well as go into the bank to meet with the branch manager and give them my ID and fill out an 1-9. Those were all steps of the hiring process and not the interview process. I start next week. So the whole process from the moment I first applied online to walking in the door on my first day was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer that was extremely upset so that their problem was not only addressed but they were a happy customer again? Give me an example of a time you had to change your priorities in your work day when you had your whole day planned, and the outcome.   Answer Question