Bank of America Interview Questions in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter approximately 4 weeks later. He conducted a phone screening explaining the overview of the position and asked about compensation requirements. Very straightforward and professional conversation.

I was contacted the same day for an on-site interview the next week. Again, very straightforward meeting with the hiring manager with only a few technical questions. After the interview I was contacted for a final phone interview with two other team leads. Fairly technical focused conversation with several behavioral questions as well.

I was contacted the next day and told they were looking for someone with more SQL experience. Not only do I have 5 years of advanced SQL knowledge, they never asked me a single SQL question during any of my 3 interviews. This was extremely frustrating news to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome conflict to achieve a certain outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, who set up the first phone interview. Was told there would be two interviews throughout process. First interview lasted 30 minutes. Only received very high level job overview for first 2 minutes of interview followed by non stop technical questions. At end was told interview was done and didn't have chance to ask questions about the position. Seemed there was no interest in knowing the person at all, and only concerned that the tasks could be completed.

Interview Questions

• Explain the parts that make up a SQL loader   Answer Question
    • Explain how to create a user partition   Answer Question
    • Explain why you would use a function instead of a procedure   Answer Question
    • Explain why you would use table triggers instead of writing your own code each time   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Person from Talent Acquisition team called me and schedule for a telephonic interview. Schedule a in person interview at their Plano facility. Later had a chat with Hiring manager and then with his boss.

Interview Questions

• Was questioned about Java collections ? Difference between Linked list and Array list. Hashcode and equals() .
      Write code to calculate factorial of a number   Answer Question

Consumer Products Strategic Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview for this position was fairly basic. I interviewed with the manager who gave me a break down of the requirements. I then continued by presenting what my skill sets were and how they could help with the team.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me about my SQL query background.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

There is an assessment test that will last 90 mins

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

was very easy not to hard

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I saw a job posting listed that struck my interest so I reached out to the recruiter who was handling the position and did not hear anything back for a couple days. I followed up with the recruiter and she called me right away. She told me to submit an internal application for the position so I could get on the interview schedule. While she was very attentive the second time around, I was a little disappointed that I had to follow up and waste a few days where I could have reached the hiring manager sooner. After a brief interview with the recruiter, she told me she definitely wanted me to be interviewed by the hiring manager. My phone interview with the hiring manager was rescheduled twice, once due to his schedule and once due to mine. Once we did finally have the interview, it went very well. We really clicked and I felt very good about my chances for the position based on some of his comments and feedback. He then had me do a phone interview with a peer who worked closely with his group. That interview took place the following week and was fair, as the person I spoke with didn't have as much of an outgoing personality as the hiring manager. I didn't come away from that call as confident as the first, but still felt that I had a good chance at the position. Then a lull fell over the process for about a week as I waited for the answer. I followed up once with the hiring manager to keep me "top of mind". Disappointingly, I received a call from the recruiter that an offer had been sent another candidate and was accepted, so I was not going to be offer the position. I was a little put off that I didn't hear directly from the hiring manager, especially since I felt we made a connection in our interview. Life goes on...

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you ran into a situation where you had to make a breakthrough while dealing with people above your title/level?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself 3 to 5 years from now?   1 Answer