Bank of America Interview Questions in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. No phone interview. After almost a month, I was scheduled for a face to face interview. I had an hour face to face interview with three interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions about data warehouse, cube,slowly changing dimensions,...   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Very bad process. Actual job description do not match with the interview questions at all. I had several interviews with them in the last few years. They are the most unprofessional interviewer I have ever seen. They are rude, they leave in the middle of the interview without saying anything or goodbye. Some of them look at their phone during the interview instead of paying attention to the interview. They try to ask the "gotcha" question instead of asking questions related to the job. They even said, "we are trying to find what are gaps" not "what are the strength" required for the job. This goes to show how stupid these managers are. Does really any good qualified person want to work for them?

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter approximately 4 weeks later. He conducted a phone screening explaining the overview of the position and asked about compensation requirements. Very straightforward and professional conversation.

I was contacted the same day for an on-site interview the next week. Again, very straightforward meeting with the hiring manager with only a few technical questions. After the interview I was contacted for a final phone interview with two other team leads. Fairly technical focused conversation with several behavioral questions as well.

I was contacted the next day and told they were looking for someone with more SQL experience. Not only do I have 5 years of advanced SQL knowledge, they never asked me a single SQL question during any of my 3 interviews. This was extremely frustrating news to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome conflict to achieve a certain outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, who set up the first phone interview. Was told there would be two interviews throughout process. First interview lasted 30 minutes. Only received very high level job overview for first 2 minutes of interview followed by non stop technical questions. At end was told interview was done and didn't have chance to ask questions about the position. Seemed there was no interest in knowing the person at all, and only concerned that the tasks could be completed.

Interview Questions

• Explain the parts that make up a SQL loader   Answer Question
    • Explain how to create a user partition   Answer Question
    • Explain why you would use a function instead of a procedure   Answer Question
    • Explain why you would use table triggers instead of writing your own code each time   Answer Question

Litigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX).

Interview

I had a great interview with two managers in the department and received an offer within one week at a higher salary than I expected. Applied online. Process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Mostly interested in my experience.   Answer Question

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was good experience as I had reached out to my former managers. The ability to move across teams and network really helps with mobility inside the organization. So, advice is to build networks and keep in touch with former team members.

Interview Questions

• Current job profile and how it relates to the position applied.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX).

Interview

Was a bit of a lengthy process. I started the process in October 2010 and started in January 2011. First and foremost you'll get some online testing to complete after applying. If that goes well you will get a phone interview. Once passing that there will be another online test and another phone interview. From there you move to an in person interview with two floor managers. If offered a position you are required to complete a background check prior to your first day of training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Home Loans Customer Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX).

Interview

First initial process receive a call from recruiter giving you more detailed information about the position and schedule an over the phone interview. Then they schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager on-site. Should here from the recruiter a few days later if you got the positon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter let's you know time and place. Once there you meet the manager and they take you to where the interview will be held. They ask a few simple questions.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

contracting job at Bank of America is just a telephone screen and you are good to go :). Some might take face to face but differs from team to team . My team was in California so I just had a telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself previous project , About mortgage experience ,SQL questions and web services testing experiences , Agile methodology,defect cycle, how do you deal with stress ,situational questions such are how do you deal with production errors etc.how will you confirm all requirements are covered in a project .   1 Answer