Bank of America Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

It was first a 1:1 campus interview about pretty basic math concepts. Then I was invited for a onsite. First dined with the director and the Mgr, asked me about background questions and some behavioral questions. Then moved to a conference room for a group interview. It was kind of tough, option pricing, stochastic processes, coding and general questions about the company. I think I was not prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• Why this role? Name a few bonds?   1 Answer
  • how to address the issue that there is not enough data   1 Answer
  • how to reduce variance in simulation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wilmington, DE) in June 2010.

Interview

5 interviewer, including executive, senior manager, hire manager, manager from other team. Questions include case study, sas procedure and modeling techniques. If you are experienced, don't need to spend too much time to prepare, just tell what you know from your previous experience.,

Interview Questions

• Questions could be very detail in techniques, make sure you remember all projects you've been working on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation room

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Phone interview and half day meeting with 5 people: 1 manager, 1 trader, 3 quantitative analysts. Mostly talking about experience and a few brainteasers and coding questions. How to evaluate a trading strategy, and a bit of fit questions, why this company why do you want to move etc...

Interview Questions

• 2 linked lists: how to know if there is a merge and where ?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Sent my CV and was invited to an interview. The first round was comprised of 3 members of the quant team, interviewing with each of them separately for a total of one and a half hour. Each of them asked me to walk them through my CV, followed by mathematics, statistics, logic and programming questions. After the first round, I was invited again to interview with the remaining 3 quants of the team. The first person I talked to was the head of the team who explained the role in more detail; what they do day to day, the responsibilities for the role etc. Then we moved on to maths questions. The other two interviews were only about math problems.

Interview Questions

• Why is someone being stricken by lighting more likely to be stricken again over a random person? (Then a discussion of how this relates to bells inequality theorem)   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

It took ages (3 months). I was asked mainly technical questions about maths and a lot of brain teasers! Even if I had no offer it was fun, but the fact is that it took them three months after my application online to have any update.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you notice a mistake in a powerpoint 5 minutes before the meeting)   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and finished OT. I received the invitation for phone interview 4 weeks later, which is around 30 minutes. The interviewer is a VP with strong engineering background.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Whole day on site with a group of candidates. Went through several different sessions. The overall experience is good. But the result is strange since they declined several strong candidates.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interviews with each of the members of the commodities quant team and senior members of quant teams that the commodities team work with. Final interview with the lead quant. Questions tended to focus on C++ development, small math calculations and modelling questions about simple derivatives. A couple of questions about work history and motivation for joining the team.

Interview Questions

• Give one modelling difference between a local volatility model and a stochastic vol model.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Introduced by a job agency. I started with the direct interviews (I was informed there would be around 3 rounds of interviews, but I just did the first one and haven't got the feedback yet). The first interview was completely technical - sorry details of the questions couldn't be provided as I've promised the interviewers. However they were about calculus, probablility, stocastic differenctial equation (mainly about the BS model), modelling (didn't have to be a specific language) and related finance. They started from an easy question in each aspect and increased the difficulties as you progressed, but hints would be provided friendly.

Whole process was 1hour + 15 mins of the questions for the interviewers.

Very friendly discussions throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can't provide details, but some questions might take a while to solve if you are weak in any aspect (maths, modelling, finance), but as mentioned, they provide friendly hints.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview, then super day in Charlotte, there I did one case study and 4 interviews