Bank of America Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.5

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2016.

Interview

Applied it by campus recruiter. Then I got the first round interview 2 weeks later. It was a phone interview regarding both behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer was really nice it was like we were having a conversation. She may interrupt you when it came to another unprepared issue. Then I sent the thanks letter she replied to me. Ultimately I was reject to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and go through your resume.
    Give me an example how you accomplish a teamwork for achievement.
     What is p-value and how do you interpret it to your grandma?
    2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

first round with two managers, and then was asked to stay for another round with VPs and other analysts. questions include VaR (risk management fundamental), statistics (time series), programming and Excel

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewers will introduce themselves and then ask questions regarding the role of the quantitative finance analyst. They will ask technical questions and the end of the interview leave about ten minutes for questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you forecast deposits? What distribution do you assume?   Answer Question

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2015.

Interview

It is a campus recruit and it is the first round. So this interview is just about some general questions and several questions about your resume and your professional experiences. And it is a one to one interview. In general, it is a very easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

First interviewed with the manager at the on-campus recruiting event. On site interview at Charlotte. Interviewed with 6 ppl each for one hour. In general interviewers are friendly. Interview questions are not hard, not too technical. The most technical question (and the most intellectual challenging one) is from the manager (or director) asking me open questions on how to do logistic regression with rare events. They wanted the candidates to start working asap, so if you are not graduating within 3months of your interview, they'd put you on waiting.

Interview Questions

• Linear regression. Collinearity. Diagnostic. Explain my research (this is important, they care whether you can sum up your research in succinct words)   Answer Question

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview, half an hour 1 to 1 interview. Most of the questions are standard behavioral questions. They also asked my some statistics questions, like how to build up a model, why we need data cleaning. The interviewer is very nice. Great experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wilmington, DE) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview lasts around 5 hours. I have met the hire manager, director, and the other team members. The interview includes the technical questions, behavioral questions and case studies. The position is about modeling, and thus the manager would like to know more about the modeling experience, and the method you used. They informed me to do a presentation related to the modeling. They asked questions during the presentation, including the method, the programming skills, the data source and the purpose of the project. Additionally, communication is also important, making sure they understand the method and how you get the conclusion.

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On campus of a graduate program. They hired some people in the same program in the past. Two 30-minute interviews back to back. They spend a lot of time describing the business and the position as well as what they are looking for. They were super nice and polite. One of them was a little hardcore, asking questions constantly such as "Tell me more," "Give me an example," "How?" etc. Be prepared to be put outside of your comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What's special about you that sets you apart from your peers?   Answer Question
    • Walk through a project that you did recently?   Answer Question
    • Tell me an example of how you explain a foreign concept to a person   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your technical skills. Demonstrate what tools you use for a recent   Answer Question

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

1 round phone interview is HR interview. 2 round phone interview, most of questions are technique question, some are related to SQL and SAS macro. also question about your project in your resume

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in June 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of phone screenings followed by an on site interview (teleconference). Technical questions in phone screening and need to give a presentation during on site. Average interview process. On site interview has both behavior questions and technical questions. The overall experience is OK, a little bit intense. But not as much intense as IT companies.