Bank of America Quantitative Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Quantitative Management Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

first round phone interview, followed by onsite final round. First round consists of a mixture of behavioral and technical, onsite interview involves 1 behavioral, 2 technical and 1 case presentation. Depending on the interviewer, some may ask about fundamental programming stuff, some may ask linear regression or basic probability.

Interview Questions

• One hotel has 100 rooms. Lights are all off. First person goes in turn the switch of all rooms, second one goes in and turn the switch of rooms of multiple of 2(room number 2.4.6.8.etc), third one goes in and turn the switch of rooms of multiple of 3(room number 3,6,9,12,etc), and the process went on until the 100th person goes in turn the switch of only room 100. After that please tell whether the light of room 64 is on or off.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

University Recruiting: 1 interview on campus : simple behavioral questions : strength, weakness, why QMAP, fav course, least fav course, 2 probability questions. Rate your self on a scale of 10 for SQL,
    CEO of bank of america.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through the college and was called for an OCR. Was interviewed by the Senior Vice President. He was one of the best interviewers I've ever faced. He seemed very chilled and made me feel comfortable initially. Then he told about himself and later asked about me and why I wanted to pursue a career in banking. Then he started to ask about some of the statistics projects I was working on. Why I chose the project and how I went about it. They basically want to assess your train of thought. Went on for half an hour and then he gave a positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• What are the variables you've chosen for your statistical study? What was the response variable and why ?   Answer Question

Quantitative Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On-campus recruiting for summer intern program on spring of the junior year (raising senior); one-hour long interview with a SVP on-campus; one-round of interview only; target school for recruiting; very math/stats focused technical questions

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough resume; student organizations/campus experience; stats knowledge   Answer Question

Quantitative Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

Interview

I got the first round on-ground interview. First talk about yourself in 5 minutes, and then very easy probability question, and data cleaning question. And then, talk about the solution when you have problem with colleagues or when you have different opinions with teammates. Not so hard but lots of competitors. Second round with be on-ground and cost a whole day.

Quantitative Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

Interview

I had first round interview on campus, and it's a 30 min interview. The interview consists of 3 parts. First is resume based. You will be asked to introduce yourself and your past experience something like that. The second part is some basic math or statistic questions. The third part is to ask you introduce what you did or what role you played in a team for a project and any questions for this position and company. It's not a difficult interview, but time is absolutely not enough, so get prepared for introducing yourself very well

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. First round was on campus, with a few technical questions. Second round was super day in Charlotte, with case study and 4 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case study: in total 2hrs, with 15min presentation on a case given 1 week prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Norfolk, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

A list of performance and behavioral questions. Started with a phone interview, then face to face interview with the hiring manager. Human Resources sets up each interview and if you receive a job offer the Human Resource associate will give you a call and information. Overall experience was not to bad, a lot of communication through email. So have to make sure you consistently check your email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

First round Interview took place at the campus. The interviewer only goes through your resume and ask why you want to be in this position. There was a regression question he asked. I forgot the dependent variable. But I guess he was expecting to hear how you deal with data. (looking at the data, the mean, understanding your variables)

Interview Questions

• He asked a stat question, basically want me to do a regression. But I guess he was looking at how I deal with the data. The answer is not "i run this regression"
      He also asked the error term and E(x|u).
      Answer Question