Bank of America Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Relationship Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer first asked me how do i like the company. Then following with some general questions such as what do you think that you would fit this position; why would you like this position.

Interview Questions

• what do you think that make you the best fit for this job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

Group interview ,in person interview with the branch manager,first applied online ,then they send me an assessment, after that recruiter called me for a rough interview ,me and 13 others were in the group interview, basic questions about yourself ,customer service ,your experience handling difficult situations ,then few days later recruiter called me to tell if I want to be interviewed by the branch manager.,was easy few questions and that's it ,after that they made the offer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

You will have a phone interview with HR and then an in person interview with the Banking Center Manager and Assistant Manager. Then respond within a week about the job

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you like to multi task or focus on one thing at a time
      2. What do you know about banking
      3. What banking terms do you know
      4. Why Bank of America
      5. Do you bank with us
      6. Tell us about your 5 year goal
      7. How would you deal with this xyz situation of a customer being upset   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called to assist to an interview site, where many different roles were being interviewed for. One call, One interview, One offer. I interviewed with 2 local leaders, and the interview was very easy. The questions were not challenging, and the leaders were very professional.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous employer?   Answer Question
    • What skills can you utilize from your experience that can help you with RB role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. One offer- Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Sterling Heights, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 3 separate interviews. One with the recruiter, the Branch Manager, and with the Operations Market Manager. All of them went well. One thing the Branch Manager was impressed with was my research of the company. No other candidate had done so. Everything seemed to have gone well and I was confident as well as pleased on how well I performed. After the 3rd interview, I was informed through email it takes 3-10 business days to hear a response. On the start of the 11th business day, I reached out to the Recruiter via email because I hadn't heard anything yet. I got no response. That following Monday, the recruiter informed me that they were impressed with me and thought that I would make a good banker but due to market changes the position was cancelled for that center. She told me to see if I found any other positions to let her know. One would think that if the recruiter heard the positive things about me from those who interviewed me, he/she would see if any openings for that position were available elsewhere. I think after 3 interviews and waiting 4+ weeks with no job offer is a little defeating and it makes me not interested in not applying to anymore positions with them.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Elizabeth, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

First there is a preselection with recruiter, followed by a few assessments, and then an in person interview with the center manager. If you are posting for a bilingual role, they will ask you questions in that language so be well versed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult client/situation that you managed to defuse and discover a sale opportunity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Old Saybrook, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Old Saybrook, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then went through the process. Was interviewed and hired for said position and they changed the job description because they lack business in the center, very unprofessional managers.

Interview Questions

• Manager had other motives for this job, which included coverage for maturnity leave and teller work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and received a phone call a few days later to set up an interview. It had to be rescheduled once. When I was able to interview, I showed up at the location and was led into an office to be interviewed, only to be told by the person interviewing me that their role in the bank was "part-time teller." Really?? Why was this person conducting interviews? Upon hearing this, I was diplomatic and kept my professional demeanor, but, in retrospect, I have to wonder if this was a sign that someone else had already been selected and they were just trying to complete a certain number of interviews to give the appearance of a professional selection process for HR purposes...... Then, I was told in the interview that I would hear something within "2-3 days." Maybe that was a misstatement on the part of that individual, but you can imagine my frustration when I did not hear anything at all for over 2 weeks, only to receive a call 12 business days after the interview informing me I was not selected for the position.... It was not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked as a team to reach a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by assesment that is really confusing, possible phone interview then a meet and greet and in person interview and then all of the security based information needed. Can take a month or more to accomplish

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult client that you had and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Where do you see yourself with the company? How would you grow with the company. They will ask you how experienced you are with the company and How you would bring in the money to the bank.