Bank of America Residential Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Residential Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

1 Interview Review

2.0

Residential Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was held at a company job fair held at a hotel in Midtown. Took a skills test and after receiving a pass was set up to speak to a hiring manager on site. Spoke about the job, duties, skills, requirements for about 20 minutes. Then told I would get an email if they were interested. Received an email within an hour to give my authorization for them to begin a background check. Three days later was called to schedule an interview with the office that I would be working at. Went for an interview a few days later and met with two managers. Received a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fair and relevant to industry; nothing was unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate anything. You are hired at a certain level based on experience and salary is determined by rank. I would, in retrospect, have tried to negotiate a bit more.