Bank of America Sales and Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Sales and Service Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Meet with manager and ask you random questions, pretty standard interview. They really like to role play, which I have always found to be odd. It's all fairly straight forward and simple. Where do you see yourself in ten years? Why do you want to work for this bank? Are you a team player? All very standard and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume online, advised to check their web site to apply in less than a week had a phone interview, pass did face to face interviewed by two managers a week latter received an offer. Mostly about your job, pass experience etc

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

-applied online
    -phone interview
    -in person language screen for bilingual role (failed)
    -invited to interview in person (at later date) for regular role

During the interview I was interviewed by two hiring managers and asked a series of questions, then interviewed by two other hiring managers and asked other questions. Initial session involved why I was interested in the role, described the role in more detail, why I thought I was a good fit for the role, what makes me stand out, etc. Second session involved reviewing past experiences and challenges and how these experiences and skills could translate to the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to sell something to someone, did you create a need for the product? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Beverly Hills, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position online, through the Bank of America website, then was contacted by a recruiter for employment consideration. The recruiters helped a lot with making sure I do well on the interview and the position. I was given test to take online and then was able to be scheduled for an interview with a hiring manager. Very easy interview process quick and fast. Resume was submitted and the recruiters helped a lot with making sure I do well on the interview and the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with customers?
      What are some of your accomplishments from your previous employers
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I was already a teller, so the manager already knew me before the interview process. However, during the "round table" interview, I was interviewed by him as well as several higher-ups. They will ask some technical questions to gauge skill, but mostly they want to know how comfortable you are with people and whether or not you have energy and a naturally friendly personality. If you can think of a joke that relates (and doesn't insult banks), that will help show them you're outgoing and have good humor.

Interview Questions

• "When have you made a mistake, and what did you do to fix it?"   Answer Question
    • "What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Naples, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy. I submitted my application online. Received an email to do an online assessment. Based on the responses in my online assessment I was selected to move further in the interview process. Received a call the next day from a VP Corporate Recruiter. We proceeded in a/an brief over the phone interview. Basics questions. Be prepared to talk about prior work experience and any sales experience you have. At the end of the interview I was asked about doing a/an in-person interview with the Consumer Market Manager the very next day. I was unable to attend so I rescheduled. I ended up doing a/an in-person interview with the VP/Banking Center Manager with the Consumer Market Manager on the phone. Overall the interview was fairly easy. Be prepared to role play selling a particular product. I sold a credit card, very easy item. Make sure to build rapport during the role play, ask qualifying question, sell products based on clients need during the role play. Basically that is the part that would be hard. Other than that be yourself. To be honest personality is what will get you the job not only sales. If you are not able to hold a conversation with a complete stranger and act like you have known them for years then this may not be the job for you. At the end of the interview make sure to ask questions. They love it when people are interested in the history of the bank or ask what other career paths have they seen people in this position lead to. About 2 hours after the interview I received a call from my recruiter saying they would like to offer me the job. Next day I received an official job offer letter via email. Now on to the New Hire Phase.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really much negotiation. The better you perform during the interview the more they will pay. I was offered the max.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Apply online, receive a call from a recruiter for a group interview, after successfully going through the group interview you get a face-to-face with a bank manager and then you're hired.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

Interview

As a rehire after a one and a half year absence, I only had the basic application, skipped the personality test and group interview, had an interview with the branch manager then a final interview with a CSM. Process took a total of 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience over your break from Bank of America taught you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was when I previously applied as a teller but chose not to this time as I was offered more than I expected because of my experience and Bachelors Degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a recruiter within the week for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and was very pleasant. He was very nice and easy to talk to. I was immediately scheduled for a face to face interview where I interview with the Banking Center Manager and her Assistant Manager. They asked basic interview questions and I really liked them both!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lady Lake, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lady Lake, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Almost entirely completed over the phone with a single, in-person interview being the deciding factor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever, they give you a figure and you can either take it or leave it.