Bank of America Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 step interview process for me- phone screening, then superday. I got the phone screening by making a really good impression/connection with an MD I met at my school's career fair. However, coming from a non-target school, I made sure to aggressively followed up with the MD through various e-mails and phone calls. The superday was 1.5 hours long, 3 rounds of 30 min, each with 2 different people (MD's and VP's).

Interview Questions

• Name one large event going on in the world affecting the markets that you've been following, what is your biggest weakness, how do you handle defeat, how do you upsell products, stock pitch, 2nd stock pitch, if you had a couple of million dollars to invest what would you invest in and why, what sector would you invest in right now and why, what makes you think you can handle a trading floor where there is so much going on at once and you're constantly dealing with a fast pace and upset clients, how is the US economy doing, name a time when you were a leader and you dealt with a conflict on your team, where else are you applying, why BAML, why sales and trading, sales or trading if you had to pick, name a time when you changed up a process, name a time when you worked on a team and had a problem, tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied both online and through on-campus recruiting channels. Had a first round interview in person and was invited to New York for a superday. Many questions were behavioral and some technical questions. Be prepared for a stock pitch and market questions.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

When interviewing for a Super Day, one must know facts about the market: i.e. what the market is trading at, oil price (WTI), 5, 10, 30 yr. rates, basic definitions (i.e. call/put option, bond, stock, etc...).

Interview Questions

• What is BofA currently trading at?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied through my school's career development center and got a first round interview. It was with two BoA traders and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me mostly fit questions, as well as a couple about what I do to follow the markets. They also asked why I was interested in Sales and Trading, and specifically why I was interested in BoA.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied to women's program, subsequently received interview offer following diversity program. Interviewed on phone, flew out for super day two weeks later, got the offer on the way home.

Interview Questions

• How do you hedge interest rate risk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Stanford, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

On campus interview with Managing Director. Most fun interview yet but still have second round. No technicals

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why S&T?
      What do you know about t and z charts   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Traditional interview process. Applied on website, did a Hirevue, was selected for a phone call interview, then had a final round superday. The interview was 3 rounds, each round was with one individual for 30 minutes. Straightforward process

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by HR for a first round phone interview, consisting of two back-to-back interviews. Was pretty easy, some behavioral and market questions. Was contacted 2 weeks later for the superday, which took place after another two weeks. Superday was six one-on-one interviews, with a mix of behavioral, brainteaser and markets questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by Superday

Overall really good experience. Questions were both behavioral and technical. The interviewers were all very polite and straight forward. The behavioral questions were more team/ conflict resolution oriented. Technical questions varied depending on what desk the person I was talking to came from. Discussed a wide range of topics from general market news and events to different central bank policy. Have a firm understanding of the current interest rate sentiment with some meaningful stats to back up your opinion.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see interest rates going in the next 6 months?   1 Answer

Summer Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One on-campus interview one-on-one before being invited to a superday, which I have yet to attend. Informed superday will consist of 3 back to back interviews, all two-on-one. The first round and superday were a month apart.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the markets?   2 Answers