Bank of America Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. It seems like everyone hired is through employee referral or a contractor. Met with manager, three days later had offer working for that manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in Credit Risk? (Very general and tough for someone out of college)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. It was here is what you get, take or leave it. It was 2011 so not the best time to negotiate and a hiring freeze took place two weeks after.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Very detail-oriented in verifying your qualifications for a position. Checked out every detail of your resume'--no matter how small. Dealt mainly with HR rep, who was very nice.

Negotiation

Not difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Two interviews, first phone and second in person. Simple questions on subject matter and processes.

Interview Questions

• Business analyss and requirement gathering process and previouse experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through an agency in Woburn, MA. I met with a Senior VP regarding this position. During our initial conversation we discussed, very informally, my education, past positions, and goals for my career. When I asked about the VP's experience, management style, and education.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked about past experience with difficult managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was made on the spot and I began work within two weeks.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview

The inital interview was conducted via phone. The recruiting manager at the time was very personable and provided full information of what the position entailed. No more than two days later, i received instructions regarding the background / drug test process. Passed, no worries there. Two days later, I received the call for the one on one interview with the person who ulitmately became my first manager. My inital perception of him at the time was that of a strct boss, however that couldnt be farther from the truth during and after the interview. Over the course of the process, he gave me a tour of the work area, and I had a chance to meet with the people and get a pulse-check of the work environment in general. The area during the time was pretty quiet for the most part. However he mentioned that they do have company outings from time to time for team building/morale boosting. Overall, outside of the standard questions regarding Workforce Management, the interview went great!

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your toughest time working in this particular environment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when (or If) you had a issue with a fellow co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate based on my prior experience working in various roles within Workforce Management. A BIG plus for potential candidates is to have a skillset(s) that are viable and Always try to find out what you can do to enhance the potential company's business needs.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

It was one of the best interviews I had at BoA. I had 2 interviews and both of them with senior members of the department and with solid functional and Technology experience behind them, I've really enjoyed the interview not because they have asked me the questions for which I know the answers, but it was their style of interview. The one good thing in my interview was it was a perfect fit so it was easy for both parties

Interview Questions

• Cross currency trading process? difference between repo and buy/sell back   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview

The process was quick for a large company. I had phone and 1:1 interviews with a senior VP, my direct manager and a peer. I would have asked to talk to other members of the team that I would be working with in order to make a fully informed decision. The people are good and the work culture is like any other investment bank. Only item worth mentioning is that the employees see themselves through the BofA or ML prisms. This can be seen through their work attitudes.

Interview Questions

• How should priorities be set in a project?   1 Answer