Bank of America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview for Java Developer position. My resume was submitted by a friend of mine at the firm. One phone and one onsite interview.

The recruiter took ages to close the deal. Definitely not worth working for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in 2 days. This is initial phone screening for a lead role.
    Since it was through recruiter, the feedback was quick.
    There were 4 people interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone and after followed by in-person interviews / The interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone and after followed by in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest achievement at work   Answer Question
    • Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

He started with multithreading issues. i told him race condition, deadlocks, dirty reads if not properly synchronized etc. he kept saying i am missing another. i told him i can't guess what is in his mind. i got irritated and asked him tell me what is my favorite color. he still didn't get it nor gave me a clue on what he was expecting. i wish he had said this is the issue we faced, how would you have corrected it etc. instead it was like 'tell me four principles of computer programming'. seriously?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview was in a hurry and seemed Knowledgeable and kind. He rushed thru his set of questions but was kind to explain the job specifics and made sure I felt taken care of. The second round was telephonic and much less technical and more of let's introduce ourselves call.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in June 2015.

Interview

Hi The interview was 3 step process . They are very organized and i like the way the respect people. i did answer all the questions related to automation and develop software. I like the way they treat people and enjoy the interview time and questions.

Interview Questions

• can you handle situation if got prod bugs . I had answer all with example. I believe they convinced and that's why I got the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with the hiring manage, one in depth face to face interview. The overall process took one month start to finish. During the face to face interview there were software engineering questions as well as the behavioral questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Very difficult to get an interview as they have many layers in Human Resources. Started with phone interview and then if accepted invited to an in-person interview. Interviews were conducted by the manager and direct reports and consisted of a variety of technical questions. No employment tests were required. The process moved along quickly after initial interviews.

Interview Questions

• Depended on the individual asking the questions, but some questions were related to the job requirements and some were in left field, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A call from Human Resources presenting the salary, vacation time, job title and start date. I accepted the offer based on the conversation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview

phone call from multiple developers/managers. Very poor indian english with questions that are not related to the position. They wont tell you what they are looking for and how you feel about the position. It took them about an hour to interview me and I had the feeling that they were looking for something I dont know. Finally they found Linq after telling them that I have no linq experience they still kept asking 5-6 questions about linq. Very poor interviewing skills.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

1) on-campus interview, with all questions based on resume
    2) on site interview consisted of 5 interviews, each of which is 30 mins. Some of the interviewers asked easy tech questions, most of them ask behavioral questions