Bank of America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

He started with multithreading issues. i told him race condition, deadlocks, dirty reads if not properly synchronized etc. he kept saying i am missing another. i told him i can't guess what is in his mind. i got irritated and asked him tell me what is my favorite color. he still didn't get it nor gave me a clue on what he was expecting. i wish he had said this is the issue we faced, how would you have corrected it etc. instead it was like 'tell me four principles of computer programming'. seriously?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview was in a hurry and seemed Knowledgeable and kind. He rushed thru his set of questions but was kind to explain the job specifics and made sure I felt taken care of. The second round was telephonic and much less technical and more of let's introduce ourselves call.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America in June 2015.

Interview

Hi The interview was 3 step process . They are very organized and i like the way the respect people. i did answer all the questions related to automation and develop software. I like the way they treat people and enjoy the interview time and questions.

Interview Questions

• can you handle situation if got prod bugs . I had answer all with example. I believe they convinced and that's why I got the job.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Very difficult to get an interview as they have many layers in Human Resources. Started with phone interview and then if accepted invited to an in-person interview. Interviews were conducted by the manager and direct reports and consisted of a variety of technical questions. No employment tests were required. The process moved along quickly after initial interviews.

Interview Questions

• Depended on the individual asking the questions, but some questions were related to the job requirements and some were in left field, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A call from Human Resources presenting the salary, vacation time, job title and start date. I accepted the offer based on the conversation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview

phone call from multiple developers/managers. Very poor indian english with questions that are not related to the position. They wont tell you what they are looking for and how you feel about the position. It took them about an hour to interview me and I had the feeling that they were looking for something I dont know. Finally they found Linq after telling them that I have no linq experience they still kept asking 5-6 questions about linq. Very poor interviewing skills.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

1) on-campus interview, with all questions based on resume
    2) on site interview consisted of 5 interviews, each of which is 30 mins. Some of the interviewers asked easy tech questions, most of them ask behavioral questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a back office product. The first phone screen was scheduled and the interviewer called me 1 hour late so I rescheduled. The second phone screen happened 2 days later and on time. The interviewer was unprepared and did not even know the questions he was talking about. He asked me what I knew about certain frameworks and had me describe problems that he could not verbalize.

After 2 days I was passed bye due to the fact that they wanted junior resources.

Interview Questions

• No difficult technical questions, I just don't think the interviewer wanted to interview me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

2 Phone interviews followed by 2 face to face.
    Very good team.
    Very challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you design the security system for a banking transaction system.   Answer Question

Got a parallel offer from another company that was in software.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

telephonic
    onsite telephonic
    full day interview
    interview is based on your previous experience and if you are really worked.
    Some of the interview questions are based on Database and C# Object oriented programming includes classes, objects and Dispose m Finalizer.
    Also asked on Database notmalization questions some CTE, Stored procedure, views and functions.
    also asked on project management questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked join bonus but not received.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1st Round - Written test on Core Java (30 questions which covered from OOPS, Multithreading, Collections etc)
    2nd Round - Personal Interview (Core Java, SQL) - Asked core java concepts along with my project details, which I was able to answer all. Before they proceeded with SQL, I told that, I never worked on SQL. And that marked the end of the interview.
    HR sent a mail that I was rejected. This is the first company I came across who at least updates the status even if you are rejected. Kudos to the HR team.