Bank of America Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through the recruiter. They asked me if I could do the interview in few days, I said okay and requested them to do on friday (it was tuesday). The recruiter said okay, but later in the evening called me and said can it be tommorow, I was not well prepared but the recruiter said its just going to be a pre-screen interview nothing major. I was just with my phone, but the interviewer (one of ruddiest person ), had other things in mind

Interview Questions

• Tell me the entire function to calculate square root of any integer without using any library function?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

They take couple of phone screenings and call for in person. Then HR round where you salary package is will be discussed and negotiated. HR people really take their time. The issue is it really took 3 months to sort this out and its very long in my personal opinion. You should be very fast is on boarding the resources especially in this competitive environment.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

First phase was the phone interview, background questions, light object-oriented design questions. Second phase was the in-person interview, with a written test of C++, C#, algorithms, and basic SQL. I also met members of the team, who tested my knowledge in a similar manner.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2016.

Interview

met at career fair and applied online, got an email for a phone interview a week or two later. Phone interview was mostly behavioral but contained some fundamental technical questions (software development cycle etc.) Then passed through to the final round which were 2 phone interviews back to back where I was given more coding problems

Interview Questions

• arrays, what is a software development cycle, multithreading etc   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2016.

Interview

It was standard. One phone screen and a final round of two phone interviews. The first screener was 5 minutes late to the call. For the final round screen, I was apparently supposed to receive a call on time but did not. I waited for 10 minutes before contacting the recruiter again. The recruiter told me that the interviewer in fact did call, and I did not pick up. I was watching my phone the entire time and explained that my call history did not have anybody from BoA, and I had full bars. The second call came through 15 minutes later, and that went fine. I asked the recruiter if I could redo the first call, but it seems that the recruiter didn't believe my explanation and refused to call me back. In the end, it took 4 more weeks to process my application, and I had to email the recruiter back to check up on the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Interview, non-technical
    2 In-Person Interviews, first was about 3 hrs, second was about 3 hrs 30. Mix of technical.

Technical questions weren't difficult. Everyone was friendly and polite.
    Mostly went through experience on resume and some behavioral questions.

I knew I was competing with another candidate and ultimately I figured he expressed greater interest in the job than I did since I had good, but different technical experience not relevant to finance.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an elevator.
      Search for dict value in sorted array.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Holmdel, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruitment last year (Spring 2016) for a software development intern position inclined towards UX, and cleared the first round, where I was asked design and logical reasoning related questions.
    The next 3 rounds were in NJ. The first 2 of these 3 rounds were just perfect. The panel members loved me. However, the third round was with a lady who just didn't seem to care about what I had to say. She then handed me a bunch of sheets and asked me to solve the problems on it. Totally lost and flustered by what was going on, I quickly started solving them with confidence but with a little slow speed. And before I could complete it, she took it away. I somehow did not like the experience and her attitude. And funnily didn't get the offer either. :(

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at Grace hopper and was purely behavioral. The person mostly asked me about my experience and my background. It was very casual and no technical questions were asked.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company that set up a phone interview that was partly technical and partly about my background. The technical component was about object oriented concepts and multi threading along with some basic algorithms. The interviewer was very helpful and overall it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (Albany, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a on-campus interview for undergrad. The interview takes about half an hour. The interviewer was very nice. He asked some brain teaser with writing code to solve a linked list-related questions. The coding questions are in C++