Bank of America Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was encouraged to apply online from a recruiter. I completed the online application and never heard back from anyone affiliated with Bank of America. blah blah blah blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• They asked what my name was   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through a conference and received an onsite interview the next day. The interview was 30 minutes and they asked basic questions about my resume and my coding experience. They were particularly interested in any outside of class projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Asked me basic questions in C like string reversal, OOP questions and Unix command line. The interviewer was very friendly and gave me helpful hints throughout the process. The questions tested more programming fundamentals rather than algorithmically complex questions (i.e BFS, DFS). The process took about a couple days after I initially met the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended a campus talk by Bank of America. They mentioned that they were hiring and the technology team set me up for an on-campus interview the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Classic FizzBuzz question. Given have a list of numbers. Write a function that does the following: If the number is divisible by 3 print 'fizz', divisible by 5 print 'buzz', divisible by 3 and 5 print 'fizzbuzz'.   Answer Question
    • How would you test your function? (The FizzBuzz question)   Answer Question
    • Design question. I have a shop that serves coffee and tea. How would you set up a data structure that represents this model?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was easy and was asked only behavioiral questions.was given feedback on how to answer the questions.was interviewd by higher level manager.Looked like they were expecting little straight forward answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted through recruiter for a position at Bank of America at the New York office. One week later was in the office for a 1 on 1 interview with members of the group. Was asked mostly about my resume and data structures, threading, and databases. Mostly technical questions very little behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe multi-threading and how you would use it in your language of choice.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On Campus Interview. General Questions with a Technical Problem Solving Question. One on one interview process. Asked about current projects and details of studies/courses taken. Was very unprofessional at the end explaining right away that had not received internship.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The First round was a 30 minute session which was conducted on campus. It consisted of basic resume walkthrough and additional basic technical questions. Discussions about work ex as well as projects took place. OOPS, DB, JAVA and Data structures questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles
      Algorithms
      BFS,DFS,Hash map,Enums, Generators, Inheritance, Polymorphism
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Three technical managers firstly ask the projects and courses, what methods I used and ask related questions, then ask coding questions on data structures, and show them the results on the board, after this, they gave me a paper to finish three coding questions, finally, another manger came in to ask for the algorithm questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was doing the interview on campus. It lasted for 30 mins. Most are easy data structure and algorithm questions. No behavior question. I thought I did pretty good. But I was informed no offer after waiting for 2 weeks. The manager in the interview is very kind and polite. But I forgot to ask him for name card.

Interview Questions

• Describe the differences between interface and abstract class in Java   Answer Question