Bank of America Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.5

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with Talent Director followed by an In-person interview with COO followed by and in-person interview with VP and Senior Account Supervisor. After these interviews, I submitted writing samples and references. The talent director handled all of the coordination and everything went smoothly from start to finish. Overall, the process took a few weeks because of the role that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience and generally not that hard. two rounds of interview. One round behavioral and the other round technical. Prepare about behavioral interview and you should be fine.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a member in their IT department and it was a horrible experience overall. The interviewer had an incredibly heavy accent and I couldn't understand him. When I asked him to repeat a question more than once, he got frustrated. I really wouldn't want to work anywhere where their IT Department is full of engineers that can't speak English (I'm an immigrant myself by the way).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process moved extremely quickly. I interviewed for a Python developer position in the NYC office near the Financial District. Spoke with the leader developer and another developer on the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked some Java questions during phone interview. The phone interview lasts 30 minutes. I got this interview through a recruiter. The interview was easy but I didn't do well so I didn't get to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about linkedlist?   Answer Question
    • When do you use linkedlist?   Answer Question
    • compare Arraylist and linkedlist, when use arraylist? When use linkedlist?   Answer Question
    • How to detect duplicate linked list element, if the element have same contents but different reference, they are not duplicate elements. Only when the element have same contents and same reference are duplicate elements.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was encouraged to apply online from a recruiter. I completed the online application and never heard back from anyone affiliated with Bank of America. blah blah blah blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• They asked what my name was   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through a conference and received an onsite interview the next day. The interview was 30 minutes and they asked basic questions about my resume and my coding experience. They were particularly interested in any outside of class projects.

Interview Questions

• Print out the first 5 fibonacci numbers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Asked me basic questions in C like string reversal, OOP questions and Unix command line. The interviewer was very friendly and gave me helpful hints throughout the process. The questions tested more programming fundamentals rather than algorithmically complex questions (i.e BFS, DFS). The process took about a couple days after I initially met the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended a campus talk by Bank of America. They mentioned that they were hiring and the technology team set me up for an on-campus interview the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Classic FizzBuzz question. Given have a list of numbers. Write a function that does the following: If the number is divisible by 3 print 'fizz', divisible by 5 print 'buzz', divisible by 3 and 5 print 'fizzbuzz'.   Answer Question
    • How would you test your function? (The FizzBuzz question)   Answer Question
    • Design question. I have a shop that serves coffee and tea. How would you set up a data structure that represents this model?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was easy and was asked only behavioiral questions.was given feedback on how to answer the questions.was interviewd by higher level manager.Looked like they were expecting little straight forward answers.